Recruiting Football Talk VIII

True, but I mean... I'd be okay if Mike Hamilton had hired Gary Patterson in December 2008 instead of Kiffin, too.
If you go with changes in history, you will change the present. I am no longer willing to play the what if game because it could mean that we don’t have CJH. He could be the current HC at oklahoma and Tennessee stumbling with venables. 😳☹️😡

I made peace with our desolation decade and a half since it means that we have CJH at the helm. 😎

First of many to come

16-0 🤠

It could turn into a complete rout if our defense destroys them like that, and so then our offense can wear that good but thin defense completely out late in the 2nd quarter...we have seen that happen.
Oklahoma is really not any better than NCst. They for all their talking on X the they are fixin to find out.

Agree 100%, Nico looks like an inexperienced qb, which he is. He will get better at that stuff as the season progresses, but you could definitely see some growing pains in him vs Nc State and Kent State
To be honest, I thought he would look a lot more inexperienced than he has. His floor is the highest I've ever seen for a UT QB. Manning looked a lot worse in his first few games. He's a good as Manziel was.

Imo, that's nowhere near as outlandish as the 8-4 bullsh!t that was being spewed only 3 weeks or so ago. "But, but...the odds, the charts and graphs."

If i remember correctly, I believe I was even called an idiot for thinking 8-4 would be a disappointment. 🤔

View attachment 677175
And once again...8-4 will be tough if we lose Nico and DB and a couple of OL to injury.

And NOBODY knew what the team would look like...it was all supposition thanks to so much NEW everywhere...

For the record I said 11-1 or 10-2 if everything went right to 8-4 if a lot went wrong...I think that was a fair assessment.

We haven't played anybody with a pulse. The team looks great so far...at the very high end of the execution scale on both sides of the ball, but we are about to play somebody that can deck us with a solid right hook...so let's hope that doesn't happen and everything keeps going right.

Who said we were going 8-4...period?

I don't think we will have to do anything special against OU.
I expect that we're gonna see some variations in the play designs that we've already ran. Like the shovel pass and the sideline throws. I think we're gonna see several new formations altogether. No trick plays out of them, just a new look no one has seen yet.

Imo, that's nowhere near as outlandish as the 8-4 bullsh!t that was being spewed only 3 weeks or so ago. "But, but...the odds, the charts and graphs."

If i remember correctly, I believe I was even called an idiot for thinking 8-4 would be a disappointment. 🤔

View attachment 677175
8-4 would be lukewarm, imo, based on where we were a few years ago and where we wanted to be by year 4. Our schedule isnt a cakewalk, most teams in the country would have big trouble trying to get past 9-3. 10-2 would be a good year and anything beyond that would be excellent.

I think this overall roster could be deeper with more future pros.
Those three were dudes though. It's a tough comparison, catches were caught, records were made, people were drafted, careers were had.

So then what do you judge this by?

College-pro careers? Overall impact to program? Leadership?

Obviously what Jayson has done afterward, and what Robert did here, then in NFL is lofty.

I think stuff is proven on field. And at end of season we can make fairer comparisons.

I'm going to state the obvious:

No one we've played so far has dared to test the pass rush, NC State waded knee deep a few times but thought better.

Someone is going to test it, I think that'll be this weekend. Need the back half of this defense to step up, the DL will get home if they do. The defense will be key, no letting qb's beat contain, if they dare run it hammer them. Suffocating defense. Pierce has a coming out party.... Two sacks and on the heels of this QB like a rabid dog. Interior DL is going to feast.

Offense comes alive and depth overwhelming in the second half. We win by 3 scores.
OU is not going to want to mess with our DL with their OL being a weakness. They will get it out quick.

VN Store

Back