Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I'd not seen the play earlier and was astounded when I did see it. It's bizarre that he basically did the same thing AGAIN this week. He learned...
View attachment 677205
Know this, Levis is going to look good at times but he is guaranteed to have at least one huge costly brain fart per game. Been watching for four years and It is never gonna change. He is not very smart and he is impulsive, fatal combo.

This isn't a "we told you so..." post, but a "can we find some common ground now?" post. You see why some of us Titan fans threw our hands up (and the towel in) when the Titans drafted him?

We were so disgusted with how close they came, just to have Tanny's QB play be the problem. If they could just get an above average QB, the pieces were there! And they got this knucklehead.

If anyone paid any attention at all to UK, they knew this is who he is. All the physical tools in the world with a wasp nest in his head that will get you beat in heartbreaking and head scratching fashion every week in the NFL. In college, there is enough lack of parity that the rest of the team can often overcome the knuckles in his head. But not so in the NFL. All other teams have to do is tread water until he gives them the game. Period.

And you can lift weight to get stronger. You can work on technique to throw the ball farther or run faster. But I'm not sure there's much you can do for that wasp nest and his terrible, terrible football instincts.
I'm actually impressed with his mental faculties now that I know he has a wasp nest in his brain. That sounds miserable. Is Mayo anti wasp? Maybe that's how he treats it?

The entire post was good, but I'd already been thinking about this bolded part. Maybe it was the influence of his instagram display-girl gf (who bolted when he wasn't a first day pick), in part; but I also recall a post here about a Manning camp where everyone asked about football except Mayo-Malaise, who asked Peyton about endorsement deals. He needs to drop the embarrassing "hero" moves that are exploding in his face and make a solid role player of himself.

I don't follow the Titans as closely as many here, but it seems to me that if Levis would stop imagining himself as "putting this team on his back," stop losing games with (anti) heroics, and just do his job in a conservative and workmanlike way, maybe he could get out of his team's way and get some wins. He could do a lot worse than to watch some old Bradshaw. Low key winner.
I'm pretty sure he dumped the girl.

Guys and gals, my family and I have been at the ER for most of the night (my mom and brother are still there, and Im about to head back that way). Any prayers you could send up, and any love you can spare is greatly appreciated.

My 85 year old granny fell last night and broke her hip; and, they're doing surgery later on. As you know, I've been living with and taking care of both her and my mom for the last 3 years, helping them both beat cancer. I was back here in my part of the house, and heard her land in the kitchen (that's how hard she hit, that i was able to hear it from my room), then she screamed something terrible. I ran in there and my heart broke. It was the most awful, most pitiful thing I have ever experienced. She was/is in bad shape, and in an extreme amount of pain.

She just got past being sick...beating breast cancer here in the last bit, and doing so with a broken back; yeah, she's been through the ringer the last few years. I just took her Friday for tests, after she felt another lump in the other breast. The radiologist said it didn't look like anything to be concerned about, fatty tissue or such; she has her Dr's appointment, for the actual results, coming up. However, the contrast she drank for the MRI broke her out from head to toe, and she was itching something fierce Friday night into Saturday; she was feeling somewhat better from that yesterday, before she fell last night.

Anyway, again, please keep her in your thoughts, if you will. She's a trooper, and one of the toughest gals I've ever had the pleasure of knowing...if anyone can get past this, and come out stronger than ever on the other side, at her age, it's my granny. I'm a hardened pipeliner, who's worked underground and around heavy equipment for most of my life, and I believe what she's been through, and going through, would've killed me. I'm not even joking! She's BEYOND tough as nails.

Absolutely this household believes in the power of prayer, as we are a prime example of it. The good Lord has been amazing to us, and blessed us abundantly. He's seen us through time and time again.

Thank you all, and hope you have a safe/great day.

That seems bad...
Is That Bad GIFs | Tenor

I'm going to state the obvious:

No one we've played so far has dared to test the pass rush, NC State waded knee deep a few times but thought better.

Someone is going to test it, I think that'll be this weekend. Need the back half of this defense to step up, the DL will get home if they do. The defense will be key, no letting qb's beat contain, if they dare run it hammer them. Suffocating defense. Pierce has a coming out party.... Two sacks and on the heels of this QB like a rabid dog. Interior DL is going to feast.

Offense comes alive and depth overwhelming in the second half. We win by 3 scores.
Hope we have the quick pass/HR game nailed down.

Reactions: KB5252
Guys and gals, my family and I have been at the ER for most of the night (my mom and brother are still there, and Im about to head back that way). Any prayers you could send up, and any love you can spare is greatly appreciated.

My 85 year old granny fell last night and broke her hip; and, they're doing surgery later on. As you know, I've been living with and taking care of both her and my mom for the last 3 years, helping them both beat cancer. I was back here in my part of the house, and heard her land in the kitchen (that's how hard she hit, that i was able to hear it from my room), then she screamed something terrible. I ran in there and my heart broke. It was the most awful, most pitiful thing I have ever experienced. She was/is in bad shape, and in an extreme amount of pain.

She just got past being sick...beating breast cancer here in the last bit, and doing so with a broken back; yeah, she's been through the ringer the last few years. I just took her Friday for tests, after she felt another lump in the other breast. The radiologist said it didn't look like anything to be concerned about, fatty tissue or such; she has her Dr's appointment, for the actual results, coming up. However, the contrast she drank for the MRI broke her out from head to toe, and she was itching something fierce Friday night into Saturday; she was feeling somewhat better from that yesterday, before she fell last night.

Anyway, again, please keep her in your thoughts, if you will. She's a trooper, and one of the toughest gals I've ever had the pleasure of knowing...if anyone can get past this, and come out stronger than ever on the other side, at her age, it's my granny. I'm a hardened pipeliner, who's worked underground and around heavy equipment for most of my life, and I believe what she's been through, and going through, would've killed me. I'm not even joking! She's BEYOND tough as nails.

Absolutely this household believes in the power of prayer, as we are a prime example of it. The good Lord has been amazing to us, and blessed us abundantly. He's seen us through time and time again.

Thank you all, and hope you have a safe/great day.
Prayers Sugar. Taking care of our family as they age is something we don't do well enough here. It is a tough assignment but you are up to the challenge. Prayers prayers and more prayers.

Heup said something on his post-game that stuck in my mind...he said Matthews being back allows then to run their 4 wide now.

I think they have some really good stuff we haven't really seen yet about to happen...Matthews on a safety or a LB is scary.

I wonder if Okie has the balls to do anything different than all the other teams we have seen...just drop everybody and HOPE their front 4-5 can stop or slow our running game.

Venables is a great DC...make no mistake..he has thrown some diabolical schemes at some offenses before and had success....and Nico is in his first season starting.
I think that is what all our opponents will try initially. I really think that is strategy will at best be death by a thousand paper cuts. What make UT's offense so problematic is we have an overabundance of receivers, running backs, and a quarterback that is serious threat to run. We are in the position to run any style of offense and match up with anyone. We can run four wides, 12 personnel, power, and a coach who is a scheme savant. We are now very scary.

Vols 2nd in SEC in points allowed at 4.3
Vols tied for 2nd in completions allowed at 12.3
Vols 2nd in SEC in passing yards allowed at 105.0
Vols tied for first in passing TDs, rushing TDs, and defensive TDs allowed at 0
Vols 2nd in SEC in rushing yards allowed at 55.7
Vols 2nd in SEC in yards per carry allowed at 1.8
Vols 1st in SEC in total yards allowed at 160.7

Loving seeing a dominate Vols defense again, I think with the limited snaps through 3 this weekend will be a really fun game for them.

VN Store

Back