Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Vols 2nd in SEC in points allowed at 4.3
Vols tied for 2nd in completions allowed at 12.3
Vols 2nd in SEC in passing yards allowed at 105.0
Vols tied for first in passing TDs, rushing TDs, and defensive TDs allowed at 0
Vols 2nd in SEC in rushing yards allowed at 55.7
Vols 2nd in SEC in yards per carry allowed at 1.8
Vols 1st in SEC in total yards allowed at 160.7

Loving seeing a dominate Vols defense again, I think with the limited snaps through 3 this weekend will be a really fun game for them.
The 4.3 ppg is bcuz of the pick six… our defense is actually first in the country in PPG allowed

• Crowd energy was insane
• Felt like a top SEC matchup
That is truly impressive for an OOC game. So great for the players, the recruits who were there, and our awesome fans. Best game day experience in sports!
• The Stroke >>>>>> Friends in Low Places
Baseball's gift to football. A perfect upgrade! What does football do? Take the ball and run with it!
Glad we got to go.
Represent!

He's either sitting against powder puffs, taking double-teams, or the threat of him (and the rest of the line) is causing OCs to game plan quick-hitters.

The entire DL has done their job magnificently.
It’s all of those. All their games plans so far has been to get the ball out quick, problem is the rest of the defense is the fastest they’ve been in a very long time. Pearce played less than 15 snaps vs UTC. He’ll have a multiple sack game saturday

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Arrived at Tom Sawyer RV Park yesterday afternoon - raining! We’re right beside the “Big Muddy” watching the barges go by….Now two RVs are together with 2 others arriving here today - the Convoy is assembling!

View attachment 677282

Two here, two joining soon!
View attachment 677295
What a great trip! And the game will be primo! So happy for you!

Represent! 🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊

Sampson and Bishop... dang! :oops: ... and Keith and Lewis would get first or second string carries at most other programs...

I feel like Oky is gonna flex the first half and give us everything they got, keeping it close while we settle in and figure them out... I think second half, by mid to end of the 3rd, we separate and get the big win. They will be gassed by the end of the third.

They’ll be better this week.

Don’t they get some starters back on offense?
giphy.webp

While I really like Josh Pate, is it me or does he always seem to have a middle of the road take on every subject? So as to not upset anyone maybe. Can’t be critical of this coach or this player because he may want to have access to them later, etc.
Yes, he's a soft take "every team is improving" building up roster etc. Better than the click bait troll trash I guess.

He probably deserves another 4 games before we judge him, he’s not started a full season and he’s on a new coach already.

But man. Such a knucklehead. And Callahan is already so pissed at him, lol.
Yeah, I saw an interview with Peyton where he was clowning about the fact that he set an NFL record for INTs his rookie year. He said coaches should not pull rookie QBs because that's how they learn and don't make the same mistake twice. But coaching Peyton, a person is aware that he is dealing with a great football mind who learns from mistakes. Mr. Mayo Malaise, not so much. He needs better impulse control. He is never going to be a Peyton, but he can play his role and learn not to hurt his team.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back