Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I was just watching Josh Pate's prediction...his reasons are exactly what those of us that think this will be a dogfight think will be the reasons why...Venables defense slowing the run and forcing a lot of 3rd and longs, and Venables defense then taking advantage of Nicos inexperience in a hostile environment

Also like us...he is saying that it is either a dogfight or a blowout.

Last edited:
AJ was never a speed demon, but he looked way quicker as a Jr and Sr because he was in the right place more often...he also started really mauling fools instead of grabbing and riding them down like when he was younger...also I think because he was more often in the right place to keep people instead of chasing them.

I think he got in much better shape as he got older and became stronger and quicker.

He truly was a great LB by the end.
He had good instincts which made him play faster for sure. Loved watching he and Maggitt play.

OU's OL is gonna make more mistakes IMO. They just aren't good.
OL is not just about talent; it's about familiarity. You have to be familiar with the guys next to you--what their tendencies, strengths and weaknesses are. This OU OL is behind on both. They have injuries, so have played and are playing backups. Now, it sounds like one of the starters may be back. So, is that a benefit or disruption?

I honestly can’t remember the last time we were going on the road to an extreme hostile environment against a ranked team where I had 100% confidence in a win. Even 2022 LSU I was skeptical. 2022 UGA I knew would be tough. It’s fun to be excited the week up to it rather than nervous and anxious. I’m sure nearing kickoff the nerves will creep in as they should, but it’s refreshing to really expect a win rather than having to talk yourself into it.

Last edited:
I was just watching Josh Pete's prediction...his reasons are exactly what those of us that think this will be a dogfight think will be the reasons why...Venables defense slowing the run and forcing a lot of 3rd and longs, and Venables defense then taking advantage of Nicos inexperience in a hostile environment

Also like us...he is saying that it is either a dogfight or a blowout.
The only thing is he didn't really go into our defense vs their bad o-line, bad RBs, and average QB.

Hard to see them be able to handle what we are bringing without them messing up. Especially since Arnold has been good for a horrible pick in every game, he threw a lot of picks in camp and is now facing the best defense he's seen...by far.

I do think we see their D make it difficult at times. They have to force TO's.

This is why it's hard to pick against us. A very bad omen for them.
I could see this being a reverse of the 2014 OU game. Our OL was porous against their DL. Worley got sacked five times and had pressure in his face all game. We probably lose even with a better OL but we just couldn't get anything going on offense due to our OL.

VN Store

Back