Recruiting Football Talk VIII

My wife and I drove up from Nashville to go to the Luke Combs concert at Paycor Stadium in Cincinnati tonight.

We knew someone in one of the opening bands (which was awesome to see them on stage opening for Cody Jinks and then Luke Combs). We had pit passes and then also backstage access and it was awesome.

It’s relevant for this forum because I rocked a Vols shirt and got a lot of “Go Vols” from random folks walking around the stadium. We are everywhere.

GB🍊

Sadly, we've fallen to fourth place in the gold medal count.

China - 13
France - 11
Australia - 11
USA - 9
Great Britain - 9
Won’t get to emotional drained till I see the detail. Not all golds are equal. I choose to weight them. Ping pong does not equal 100 meter dash, judged sports do not equal timed sports. Horseback riding? Really. Now creating mixed swimming medals, Ugh!

I appreciate skills and effort, but…..

That said the Aussie dude has earned my respect for example. But I will wait to weight any joy or dismay till the end.

August 3, 1936
On the 2nd anniversary of Adolf Hitler merging the offices of German Chancellor and President, declaring himself "Führer," Jesse Owens won the first of four gold medals (100 m dash with a time of 10.3 seconds) in the following categories: 100 meter, 200 meter, the long jump, and 4 × 100 meter relay. Owens was the most successful athlete at those Olympic games, and as a African-American man, he dispelled Adolf Hitler's idea of Aryan supremacy.

In Germany, the Nazis portrayed African-Americans as inferior and ridiculed the United States for relying on "black auxiliaries." One German official even complained that the Americans were letting "non-humans, like Owens and other Negro athletes," compete.

But the German people felt otherwise. Crowds of 110,000 cheered him in Berlin's glittering Olympic Stadium and his autograph or picture was sought as he walked the streets.

It's one of my Top 5 moments in sports I would love to have seen in person.........
1722685902073.png

Bonds never tested positive in any MLB drug test ever. Neither did most of those guys. Only reason Bonds and the others are suspected to have taken steriods is because of their connection to BALCO (the infamous PED lab).

In fact the lack of evidence against Bonds ever using steriods is so flimsy that it wasn't even allowed in court by a federal judge. Bonds' positive steroid tests barred from trial
O.J. didn’t do it, did he?

Reactions: Volunteer821

VN Store

Back