Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I rather lose those few scholarships than wins. Imagine having to vacant that Bama win in 2022.

If we are talking during the Pruitt era than I definitely agree with you. We barely won any games anyway those years lol.
Vacating wins is a joke. They don’t add wins to the opponents and the outcomes remain the same in everyone’s mind. Losing scholarships hurts the future.

Bonds never tested positive in any MLB drug test ever. Neither did most of those guys. Only reason Bonds and the others are suspected to have taken steriods is because of their connection to BALCO (the infamous PED lab).

In fact the lack of evidence against Bonds ever using steriods is so flimsy that it wasn't even allowed in court by a federal judge. Bonds' positive steroid tests barred from trial
We all know he did it.........but he never tested positive..........I have to agree with you on this one.

Just like Tiger................

Can the NCAA, or someone, add the vacated UK win vs Miss St in 2022 to Mike Leach’s win total so he can be HOF eligible?
It will be a joke if Mike Leach is not in the college hall of fame and they should probably put him in the pro hall of fame too. The man revolutionized the game, and not just the college game.

We’ve got Simone, Mens bball, women’s bball, track and field. Lot of time left
I'm pretty sure France is cheating. And we had a chance at a gold in Men's doubles tennis but fell short and got silver.

I don't think I like how the U.S. Olympic committee is run. They need to do better at grooming champions in all sports.

Since you mentioned LBJ, let’s talk about Lady Bird.

View attachment 664061

From Texas distiller Garrison Brothers who have some really good stuff. This may be the best. Finished in XO Cognac casks and infused with a little honey, the taste is great. Reviews vary in what the ”experts” taste. Some reviews mention chocolate/cocoa notes which I definitely agree with. Plenty of baking spices.

Just scored this bottle and it has become one of my favorites. Not cheap however.

@InVOLuntary
@mrMet
@MetalVolunteer

and @ other bourbon lovers.
Now I got to go “on the hunt” again. Just finished a haul yesterday.

Swimming, one of our strong sports in the past, has been a disappointment this year We are a shadow of our past.
Leon Marchand the French swimmer who has won 4 Gold Medals and set Olympic record times in all of them is coached by Micheal Phelps ex coach.

Marchand swims at Arizona State.

It will be a joke if Mike Leach is not in the college hall of fame and they should probably put him in the pro hall of fame too. The man revolutionized the game, and not just the college game.
gotta have a .600 winning %.
He's one win short.................

take the 2022 loss to UK away and give him the win........he's eligible.

Should be in anyway..................

Bonds never tested positive in any MLB drug test ever. Neither did most of those guys. Only reason Bonds and the others are suspected to have taken steriods is because of their connection to BALCO (the infamous PED lab).

In fact the lack of evidence against Bonds ever using steriods is so flimsy that it wasn't even allowed in court by a federal judge. Bonds' positive steroid tests barred from trial
1. Lack of evidence isn’t a basis for excluding evidence. That makes no sense. The judge excluded evidence of positive tests because a witness wouldn’t testify to authenticate the tests.

2. Bonds was convicted of felony obstruction of justice related to lying about doping so a jury, having seen all the evidence, thought he was doping. That conviction was later overturned on appeal because the appellate court basically said misleading but not false answers can’t form the basis of an obstruction charge.

3. Anyone with eyeballs knows Bonds was doping and many of his peers have admitted to it.

I'm pretty sure France is cheating. And we had a chance at a gold in Men's doubles tennis but fell short and got silver.

I don't think I like how the U.S. Olympic committee is run. They need to do better at grooming champions in all sports.
The Olympics is too busy trying to make political statements. Just sport like you are supposed to and stop trying to be something you are not.

gotta have a .600 winning %.
He's one win short.................

take the 2022 loss to UK away and give him the win........he's eligible.

Should be in anyway..................
The .600 win threshold is stupid. Leach like Don Coryell in the NFL had inferior teams most of their carriers. Doesn’t change the fact that they revolutionized the game.

We all know he did it.........but he never tested positive..........I have to agree with you on this one.

Just like Tiger................
Bonds did test positive but the results were supposed to be confidential. Leaked by a couple of reporters who found where sound was filtering from the meetings. Bonds did everything necessary to make Cooperstown, then sacrificed it all to pursue a hallowed record he doesn’t even approach without juice…sole purpose. It was a travesty and he’s paying the appropriate price. I wouldn’t mind his inclusion one day…as long as he’s not alive to enjoy it.

VN Store

Back