Recruiting Football Talk VIII

sports center SUCKS

What in the world? This like an ETSU intra campus broadcast circa 2003

Edit: It was just a segment meant to be stupid silly

Last edited:
Reactions: Rishvol
Bonds did test positive but the results were supposed to be confidential. Leaked by a couple of reporters who found where sound was filtering from the meetings. Bonds did everything necessary to make Cooperstown, then sacrificed it all to pursue a hallowed record he doesn’t even approach without juice…sole purpose. It was a travesty and he’s paying the appropriate price. I wouldn’t mind his inclusion one day…as long as he’s not alive to enjoy it.
I did forget about the confidential leak................ :confused:

Bonds is one of those athletes/figures that always brings passionate discussion/debate.

I fall on the side of Bonds on this. I just do. I understand and respect those that don't, but he deserves the HoF...........JMO.

Either way, I'm not losing any sleep over it. He and the rest of the "steroid abusers" were fun to watch and I thank them for the memories.

EDIT: Thank you too Tiger............. ;)

I did forget about the confidential leak................ :confused:

Bonds is one of those athletes/figures that always brings passionate discussion/debate.

I fall on the side of Bonds on this. I just do. I understand and respect those that don't, but he deserves the HoF...........JMO.

Either way, I'm not losing any sleep over it. He and the rest of the "steroid abusers" were fun to watch and I thank them for the memories.
Bonds was arrogant from the start. I watched him play in CWS with Arizona State his demeanor was as bad then as it ever has been.

Put me in charge. Those athletes need a Yeti taskmaster to teach them to pee excellence.
The U.S. should send RedNeck Deer and Bear hunters to Olympic games for the shooting events.

Decked out in camouflage and eye black on their faces and a cooler full of PBR.

Gold
Silver
Bronze

Would be brought home in every shooting event .

Bonds was arrogant from the start. I watched him play in CWS with Arizona State his demeanor was as bad then as it ever has been.
In all honesty, I'm biased a tad............I got to hang out with him for a while when I lived in Miami back in 1994............It's a long story, but he was great to be around.

So I liked him as a player and he was really nice to me, so..........maybe I caught him on a good day :)

Technically he could back it up. Lots of arrogant players, many of them not that physically gifted. Ill let your morans, have the debates! Esp regarding steroids and HoF, dont have the bandwidth.

Lots of juicers in that era.
Could do it all.
Still have to generate bat speed, with hand and eye.
Like him or hate him, teams had entire game plans around him.

True, that guy will never pay for anything again in France.

Only 20 or 21 I believe, he could be the next Phelps before all is done.
If I was put in his place right now....................I'd be dead by the time I reached 30...........but it would be a he!! of a run:cool::p

Reactions: knoxvol52
The U.S. should send RedNeck Deer and Bear hunters to Olympic games for the shooting events.

Decked out in camouflage and eye black on their faces and a cooler full of PBR.

Gold
Silver
Bronze

Would be brought home in every shooting event .
Don't forget our redneck bow hunters for the archery events.

We also need to mobilize our Asian Americans to get better at ping pong and badminton, dammit.

In all honesty, I'm biased a tad............I got to hang out with him for a while when I lived in Miami back in 1994............It's a long story, but he was great to be around.

So I liked him as a player and he was really nice to me, so..........maybe I caught him on a good day :)
Bonds pisses me off because he was a gifted and talented baseball player before he started juicing. I firmly believe he could have had a HoF career without the 'roids. But his dumbass couldn't be happy with that. He apparently felt he just had to increase those power numbers. It just pisses me off that he couldn't be satisfied with his God given talent.

Reading the cartoons y'all grew up in makes me ask
View attachment 664244
tenor.gif

Bonds pisses me off because he was a gifted and talented baseball player before he started juicing. I firmly believe he could have had a HoF career without the 'roids. But his dumbass couldn't be happy with that. He apparently felt he just had to increase those power numbers. It just pisses me off that he couldn't be satisfied with his God given talent.
I was never a PGA Tour player..........but I was pretty good. Played mini-tours in South Florida for 4 years and did good (top 5 money leader) and qualified for partial membership on the South American Tour (I passed it up. What a dumba$$)

That being said..........I've been asked if I had the connections to "juice up" and use the same stuff that Balco was dishing out, would I have used it?

In all honesty...........I think I might have tried it. I hate to say it, but it's the truth.

The drive to be the best. How can I get a tad better? If I picked up 20 yards in driver distance, I'm hitting 9 iron instead of a 7.
That would be hard for me to say no to......................

I'd like to say, if I was a top PGA Tour player, I would have said no thanks................But I do see the appeal for those trying to get better.

Technically he could back it up. Lots of arrogant players, many of them not that physically gifted. Ill let your morans, have the debates! Esp regarding steroids and HoF, dont have the bandwidth.

Lots of juicers in that era.
Could do it all.
Still have to generate bat speed, with hand and eye.
Like him or hate him, teams had entire game plans around him.
The stats of intentional walks vs the rest of the league in his era is insane

I feel like there was a game where they had the bases juiced and walked him in just so it would only be 1 run instead of 3 or 4 (could be just a dream tho)

VN Store

Back