Recruiting Football Talk VIII

That's a great way to do it. I'd suggest Townsend, depending on what you want to do in the Smokies.
I think we are trying to do a more budget hotel in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. Just didn't know how bad traffic would be getting back from a night game. We normally do a cabin in Wear's valley but ticket prices have necessitated us staying somewhere a little more affordable

I think we are trying to do a more budget hotel in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. Just didn't know how bad traffic would be getting back from a night game. We normally do a cabin in Wear's valley but ticket prices have necessitated us staying somewhere a little more affordable
Townsend can be inexpensive. Have you checked RedWeek.com? What dates?

Anyway, the traffic isn't bad unless it's a holiday weekend or something. It's busy, but you won't be stuck in a huge traffic jam everywhere you go. I was able to get everywhere I wanted to go during the rod run pretty easy.

If you stay in Gatlinburg you could go in through the back of Sevierville, through the Glades, and miss a lot of traffic.

I found some condos for rent around $100 a night in Gatlinburg, PF & Sevierville.

Exactly...but still we get guys like Castiglione [sp?] sometimes...you know we have some athlete somewhere that could do it at a truly elite level. That guy is probably playing football, basketball or 🤢soccer🤮
Our scouts prefer guys to specialize in one or the other…. The Royals are leaning toward Caglianone being a hitter only. Another example is Paul Skenes he had a 1+ ops as a hitter at Air Force. He dropped hitting at LSU and is now a pitcher only. awe definitely have guys that could do both if allowed to do both.

Kodak should have some cheaper rates in the Hotels/Motels. The leaf lookers are usually cleared out by 1st week of November.

You may not like it but learn to love it, cause it's the best thing going today..
And it's hard to argue against it when there are 15k people on the waiting list for season tix.

I have felt pretty disrespected lately. Major downgrade in parking, can't hardly get a response from my TF rep, etc, but then I consider that there are 100 people waiting in line to snatch up my seats, so I stick my pride back on the shelf and get over it.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Guys and gals, my family and I have been at the ER for most of the night (my mom and brother are still there, and Im about to head back that way). Any prayers you could send up, and any love you can spare is greatly appreciated.

My 85 year old granny fell last night and broke her hip; and, they're doing surgery later on. As you know, I've been living with and taking care of both her and my mom for the last 3 years, helping them both beat cancer. I was back here in my part of the house, and heard her land in the kitchen (that's how hard she hit, that i was able to hear it from my room), then she screamed something terrible. I ran in there and my heart broke. It was the most awful, most pitiful thing I have ever experienced. She was/is in bad shape, and in an extreme amount of pain.

She just got past being sick...beating breast cancer here in the last bit, and doing so with a broken back; yeah, she's been through the ringer the last few years. I just took her Friday for tests, after she felt another lump in the other breast. The radiologist said it didn't look like anything to be concerned about, fatty tissue or such; she has her Dr's appointment, for the actual results, coming up. However, the contrast she drank for the MRI broke her out from head to toe, and she was itching something fierce Friday night into Saturday; she was feeling somewhat better from that yesterday, before she fell last night.

Anyway, again, please keep her in your thoughts, if you will. She's a trooper, and one of the toughest gals I've ever had the pleasure of knowing...if anyone can get past this, and come out stronger than ever on the other side, at her age, it's my granny. I'm a hardened pipeliner, who's worked underground and around heavy equipment for most of my life, and I believe what she's been through, and going through, would've killed me. I'm not even joking! She's BEYOND tough as nails.

Absolutely this household believes in the power of prayer, as we are a prime example of it. The good Lord has been amazing to us, and blessed us abundantly. He's seen us through time and time again.

Thank you all, and hope you have a safe/great day.
Hugs 🙏

VN Store

Back