Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Why? Oregon sucks.
They want him as an OT and we want him (I think) as a G. Nike got into his ear about us landing 5-star OT David Sanders. From what I gather. He wants to play OT. And Ducks are hurting for OL next year. Not over til it's over. Also sh-t happens.

Why do people continue to hedge their bets on this team? Yes, we have not played a really tough team this year. However, lots of teams have not played a really tough schedule yet, OU included, and they have struggled a bit or at least not looked as dominant as they should have. We have been completely dominant in every game we have played this year, on both sides of the ball. And that is with our starters only playing roughly half of each game! Now, do I think we we will sit our starters in this one? Yes. I think that our D will shut down their piddly little offensive attack with a vengeance. I think that our offense is more than their good defense will be able to handle and we will score a minimum of 35 points, but probably well into the 40's. We have basically scored at will with very little resistance this year and we just have too many weapons and too many ways to attack a defense. We will score.

What are the talking heads going to have to hold against this team after they trounce the Schooners? I am sure they will find something.
I said it before even if Nico struggles, Venables schemes a masterwork, we can't run, or any of the other reasons it won't really matter in the end. People are fixing to find out how nasty our defense is. The some of the people who realize are pained to see this team (McElroy).

Anybody ever done a Gatlinburg stay during a VOLS game weekend? Have tickets to Kentucky game and wondering how feasible it is to go up Friday and do both
2009 South Carolina game. I was 13 though so I can’t tell you much besides the fact it was very crowded all weekend with both fan bases. Only time I’ve ever stayed there for a football weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

VN Store

Back