Recruiting Football Talk VIII

For those that care about where we finish in recruiting, losing Utu will hurt our chances at top 10. I'm more concerned about him being a position of need IMO. Supposedly he wants to play OT, but he has the opportunity to be an elite OG IMO.
there are still 3 months to ESD, then 1.5 to NSD. our young guys got three games in in '24. Frustrating is its Y4 and we dont have a great backup at T, going into meat of the schedule.

Nothing we can do about UTU, KingVFL says it was known. Closer to Oregon staff.

We beat oklahoma tomorrow

There’s a 20k wait list for season tickets. Guess what is going to continue happening to prices until that number dwindles down?

If you have a limited product with a demand that exceeds your current capacity who should continue to increase your price until the demand equals your capacity.

Don’t like the prices? Don’t pay them.
Please pay these prices and please pay no more

I love it. The price of having an elite program. Some of yall need to study supply and demand. Some of yall wanted to be an elite program but didn’t want to pay the price it seems. Welcome to the no longer amateur world of college sports. Glad Tennessee is making its place among the elite.
You're fine to love it and pay whatever it's worth to you. Just cut folks some slack who are lamenting about how expensive it has become. I completely understand supply and demand. Does not mean I have to like it

I still think you’re wrong here. We will continue to pay. Things will change sure, but the thing that won’t change is the amount of UT fans going to football games.
I predict it will. Some fans are going to get priced out. Also, be ready for corporate sponsors pals getting tickets echo just want to be there but aren't necessarily VOLS fans.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
We still haven't seen a high school O-Lineman recruited by Elarbee step up and play at a high level yet.
I wouldn't say that's totally unexpected, because it's such a developmental position but it does seem like we've recruited HS and portal over those early recruits. Lot of developmental prospects taken early while replacing positions of need with the portal. Some of those guys are in the 2-deep now (Umarov, Johnson), while others left.

Also, we've hit pretty good on transfer OL (Campbell, Heard, and Karic has now taken a spot), and the last two cycles we've gotten more OL that will be ready sooner (Anderson, Warren, Sanders, Satterwhite etc) and we will need them.

I think spring ball reports will be the first really informative stuff we will have on those HS recruits because they're gonna need to step up. If we are scrambling in the portal at the end of spring to beef up the line then I'll be concerned about Elarbee. Otherwise, I think he's redeemed the early misses with recent recruiting.

I predict it will. Some fans are going to get priced out. Also, be ready for corporate sponsors pals getting tickets echo just want to be there but aren't necessarily VOLS fans.
Lots of fans are priced out. I could but don't see the value of season tix. I'll go to a game or two a year when I'm offered tickets. It doesn't appeal to me to invest $4000 for a pair of tickets then have to pay for parking, then walk 3 miles each way. Leave two hours before the game, 4-5 hours game time, and two hours to get home. It's 8-9 hr ordeal. Having said that, there are 100,000+ fans that live for it. As king said, it's not amateur sports any longer, it's professional as it gets. To play with the big boys you have to spend with the big boys. I'm glad we have fans that are willing to make the investment. I'm content watching from my couch or on the patio. I'd rather do that and watch a championship caliber team than having cheap tickets, go to the games, and lose half the time.

It's a different game now and we sure as heck ain't going back so we may as well embrace it. 🤷‍♂️

giphy.webp

VN Store

Back