Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Looking forward to the Arkansas **** talkers to say how they're going to manhandle us on the road, and then when we go B2A part 5 on them, they'll go "meh, we aren't good anyway, they will lose at least 5 games this year"
Hahaha I’m sure they are confident after beating a bad Auburn team.

QB is meh. I hope they can run on us….

I see Oklahoma fans all over twitter talking about “best offense in the country and only lost by 10”

I guess they are too stupid we literally were in control the whole game and went pretty vanilla in the 2nd half? I don’t miss the days of moral victories!!
Lot of questionable knowledge posts from a fanbase you would assume was fairly knowledgeable. Blaming the refs when they were literally making up penalties to keep them in the game is hilarious. It was obvious we shut it down after halftime to anyone that isn't huffing Copium.

The pass that was a fumble or whatever would not have mattered because they called roughing the passer.
Actually not sure - is it still roughing the passer if he has just fumbled, instead of just thrown the ball… I don’t think so, but could be wrong. Either way, they hit Nico’s helmet/facemask on one of his strip sacks and of course it wasn’t called.

Lot of questionable knowledge posts from a fanbase you would assume was fairly knowledgeable. Blaming the refs when they were literally making up penalties to keep them in the game is hilarious. It was obvious we shut it down after halftime to anyone that isn't huffing Copium.
That's the narrative for fan bases after a loss, the officials get the blame.

I love how after a loss, OU fans, or really any opposing team fans, zero in on our perceived weaknesses while excusing their own as being a known quantity and thus above scrutiny.

Apparently standards apply only to us. It's okay when they underperform because it was known they weren't very good, but when we lose our two starting OTs on the road and only put up 25 points, despite going conservative, it's because we are massively overrated.

God bless Dayne Davis, but he’s not a left tackle. I think O-line injuries lead to conservative play calling and leaning on the defense, but what a performance. Going into a hostile environment and controlling the game is impressive. Final score doesn’t reflect how dominant we were all game.
He played much better after we moved him back to right, but we also adjusted the scheme.

God bless Dayne Davis, but he’s not a left tackle. I think O-line injuries lead to conservative play calling and leaning on the defense, but what a performance. Going into a hostile environment and controlling the game is impressive. Final score doesn’t reflect how dominant we were all game.
He’s not a right tackle either

VN Store

Back