Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I see Oklahoma fans all over twitter talking about “best offense in the country and only lost by 10”

I guess they are too stupid to realize we literally were in control the whole game and went pretty vanilla in the 2nd half? I don’t miss the days of moral victories!!
The only reason that game was close was because fake penalties. Refs seemed like they were trying to keep the game close. We hit a big play…holding. We pick up a fumble return for a TD. At worst that is a 10 point swing and wipes out 6 points from their score. So should’ve been like 35-7

This. Are we redshirting Seldon or something? He wasn’t on the injury report.

Also, why didn’t Lance Heard travel with the team? Kinda strange
if only we had a family member we could address👀
Hubbs on KO show says TN had to declare Heard as 'out,' due to new rules. They would have been fined had he not played and listed as questionable. Didnt make sense to bring him on trip.

Thinking about the secrecy around his recruitment, makes total sense everyone is grasping at straws. Huepel has the word out, cause he wants people guessing. The gag order was put out.

Everything else is just horse ****.
for captain falcon ask slap nuts

The only reason that game was close was because fake penalties. Refs seemed like they were trying to keep the game close. We hit a big play…holding. We pick up a fumble return for a TD. At worst that is a 10 point swing and wipes out 6 points from their score. So should’ve been like 35-7
that’s been stated many times but the fumble was recovered by an oklahoma offensive lineman which would make it a dead ball at that point.

Reactions: franklinpence
Sorry, but I don't believe that he dialed it back b/c it is OU.

It looked like he went conservative b/c our OL was struggling, the crowd noise and disguised blitzes seemed to be affecting Nico and the O, and he felt like if we ate clock and relied on the defense that gave us the best chance to win as opposed to possibly turning it over some more.

And it worked. Thank all that is good and gracious, it worked. lol

I'm not sure that CJH felt the same way that I did, but it never really felt like we had the game completely wrapped up until the last drive or so. It always felt to me that there was the danger of the unforeseen looming. I just can't personally see Josh taking his foot off the gas with the game in any sort of question just b/c it's his old Uni (that fired him for doing what the head coach forced him to do, in installing an offense that he didn't want to run).

But, rumor is I've been wrong before. I can't confirm. Once, I thought I was, but I think I was incorrect about that. :)
It's ludicrous to think Heupel was slowing down to avoid blowing them out because he has a soft spot for them. Maybe he would avoid beating them by 60 for that reason, but that game was nowhere near to the point where Heupel was thinking about avoiding a blowout.

He wanted to win, he believed that was the best way to do it. I don't like that approach personally, but it worked.

Reactions: Orange_Crush

VN Store

Back