Recruiting Football Talk VIII

What are the 1st Quarter Boiz gonna do next weekend?
That TD at the end of the 1st paid and also saved a couple really nice parlays. It was a good day.

yknow-what-im-saying-oshea-jackson.gif

I like Justin Baxter....but....Sampson is NFL bound after this year and we are looking at Bishop, maybe Keith....I can't see us not getting an elite RB. ADear are you rethinking the 6 RBs ahead of you at Bama? Who could be in the transfer portal?

I like Justin Baxter....but....Sampson is NFL bound after this year and we are looking at Bishop, maybe Keith....I can't see us not getting an elite RB. ADear are you rethinking the 6 RBs ahead of you at Bama? Who could be in the transfer portal?
Who's this Justin Baxter you are mentioning?

The amount of lost footing in this game was very high. Squirrel slipped almost every time he touched the ball. Sampson slipped. Turrentine slipped. It was constantly happening. Seemed worse than the 2022 SCAR game
They spray painted that crappy field green over the week to try to make it not look as bad on tv. That field was atrocious.

I understand. OP was saying he dialed it back because it was Oklahoma. I agree he dialed it back in the second half.
Sorry, but I don't believe that he dialed it back b/c it is OU.

It looked like he went conservative b/c our OL was struggling, the crowd noise and disguised blitzes seemed to be affecting Nico and the O, and he felt like if we ate clock and relied on the defense that gave us the best chance to win as opposed to possibly turning it over some more.

And it worked. Thank all that is good and gracious, it worked. lol

I'm not sure that CJH felt the same way that I did, but it never really felt like we had the game completely wrapped up until the last drive or so. It always felt to me that there was the danger of the unforeseen looming. I just can't personally see Josh taking his foot off the gas with the game in any sort of question just b/c it's his old Uni (that fired him for doing what the head coach forced him to do, in installing an offense that he didn't want to run).

But, rumor is I've been wrong before. I can't confirm. Once, I thought I was, but I think I was incorrect about that. :)

What a game. Happy Sunday

September 22, 2024: Do what it takes to maintain life in the Spirit. Only then will you have the power to overcome the flesh and the works of the enemy. Set yourself to be spiritually aware and to keep your heart right with God. Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God

Sorry, but I don't believe that he dialed it back b/c it is OU.

It looked like he went conservative b/c our OL was struggling, the crowd noise and disguised blitzes seemed to be affecting Nico and the O, and he felt like if we ate clock and relied on the defense that gave us the best chance to win as opposed to possibly turning it over some more.

And it worked. Thank all that is good and gracious, it worked. lol

I'm not sure that CJH felt the same way that I did, but it never really felt like we had the game completely wrapped up until the last drive or so. It always felt to me that there was the danger of the unforeseen looming. I just can't personally see Josh taking his foot off the gas with the game in any sort of question just b/c it's his old Uni (that fired him for doing what the head coach forced him to do, in installing an offense that he didn't want to run).

But, rumor is I've been wrong before. I can't confirm. Once, I thought I was, but I think I was incorrect about that. :)
Yeah, he dialed it back because the field was ass and we were on a 3rd and 2nd string tackle. It's really not much more complicated than that. Heupel is a killer and other coaches around the league know it. He's just not wired that way. He would have beat OU to death with his bare hands and dropped 70 on them if he could have.

Herbstreit has been big time on our jock even before the season started. Despite what you might think of him, it's only a huge positive to have national guys fawning over our team. So many years those dudes dogged us...and we deserved it.

It’s funny how that works. When your team isn’t good and analysts correctly point that out then the fan base makes that person the bad guy lol

VN Store

Back