Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Feedback from friends that traveled.

The fan experience was excellent. it would be hard for us not to cheer for OU the remaining of their season.

Their fans are great. Tailgates welcome to all, food and beverage ,you name it. Just good people that love their team and school but decent humans to opposing fans that travel.
I can confirm this from 2014 game. Great hospitality.

Naw, it was Thomas. That angle doesn't show it clear and the announcers did say it was Carter but it was definitely Thomas. He's put a couple big hits on already.
Thomas lays the wood... In all fairness, our entire secondary has been laying the wood lol. And don't get me started on our LBs

You still can’t hit the qb above the shoulders…. The fumble was recovered by Oklahoma so it wouldn’t have been a TD for us.
There's no rule about hitting a qb vs any other player. They don't have fouls specific to certain positions.

You can't hit a passer above the shoulders while he's passing. You can hit a player who fumbled above the shoulders.

I hear these call in shows over the years-- complaining about Tony Vitello game plan, Rick Barnes and Josh Heupel. I think all have proven themselves. I have watched Georgia win with defense for years-- I think we good no matter how we win.
Vitello has proven himself, while Heupel is likable as well as Rick. They don’t belong in the same category as Vitello.

Nico in his first road test went 13 of 21 (61.9%) for 194 yards a TD and ended up with 8 rushes for 15 yards, he did have 2 fumbles
As a team we ran for 52 attempts and just 151 yards, 2.9 YPC with 1 TD

OU before we played them was giving up 187 yards passing a game (only Houston has thrown for 200+) and they were only giving up 77.7 rushing yards a game, we're the first team to run for 150 on them and the only team they've played that hit 300 total yards of offense on them.

The game proved 2 things without a doubt. Those are 2 of the top 5 defenses in the SEC. OU got next to nothing until the last few drives when we went prevent.

I think it's pretty common that the home team gets favorable whistles. I'd love to see the stats to back that up or refute it, but I'm pretty sure that's common.

They did let us keep that forward pass they initially called a lateral though.

Edit it's been shown that home teams get better whistles in college basketball. I'd assume that stat would play out in football too.

We all heard Sonny Dykes got tossed from TCU vs SMU game yesterday.

TCU had 14 penalties for 135
SMU had 7 for 77

Wonder which team was home team?

VN Store

Back