Recruiting Football Talk VIII

You still can’t hit the qb above the shoulders…. The fumble was recovered by Oklahoma so it wouldn’t have been a TD for us.

I hear you…but the fumble happened before any contact was made which makes the ball live…and the QB should be viewed as a normal player..he didn’t need the protection rules they implemented for QB’s at that point and the football move our defensive player made had nothing to do with the play causing the fumble.

I hear you…but the fumble happened before any contact was made which makes the ball live…and the QB should be viewed as a normal player..he didn’t need the protection rules they implemented for QB’s at that point and the football move our defensive player made had nothing to do with the play causing the fumble.
This is correct. Similar to a tipped ball on a pass, no protections for receivers when touched. Same is for when a quarterback fumbles.

The only thing still could have been possible hands to the face.

Nico in his first road test went 13 of 21 (61.9%) for 194 yards a TD and ended up with 8 rushes for 15 yards, he did have 2 fumbles
As a team we ran for 52 attempts and just 151 yards, 2.9 YPC with 1 TD

OU before we played them was giving up 187 yards passing a game (only Houston has thrown for 200+) and they were only giving up 77.7 rushing yards a game, we're the first team to run for 150 on them and the only team they've played that hit 300 total yards of offense on them.

The game proved 2 things without a doubt. Those are 2 of the top 5 defenses in the SEC. OU got next to nothing until the last few drives when we went prevent.
You can’t question this guys football IQ….dude we literally played vanilla in the second half otherwise the score would have been worse…not sure how any fan who understands football can’t see this.

Im not trying to be mean but continuing to post the same drivel about the game isn’t going gaslight anybody into believing in your opinion more…

I guess it’s human nature but anyone remember back in 2017 when many many were saying if we could just get back to winning 8 games on a consistent basis they would never complain again? Cause I do.

Fast forward to last night I had to check the top of the page to see if I had inadvertently stumbled in to the FF. Crazy posts, imo.

Smokey123 if you’re out there, please tell me you were hammered. GBO

This is correct. Similar to a tipped ball on a pass, no protections for receivers when touched. Same is for when a quarterback fumbles.

The only thing still could have been possible hands to the face.

Exactly the same situation…but i just don’t see how that could have any bearing on a fumble happening by the player himself regardless.the ball is live and it belongs to anyone that picks it up..throwing a flag on that is equivalent to throwing a flag because he was at the bottom of the pile and someone accidentally puts a finger in his eye..it’s just something that happens during a scramble when the ball is fumbled..see what I’m saying 👀

VN Store

Back