Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I don't believe that in the least. That UT OL was struggling against that DL.

I think it's possible we could have dropped a few more touchdowns but it would have been risky, both increasing our chance of losing and possibly getting Nico hurt.

That run Nico made on the zone read definitely made me think there was a chance he could have taken over the game if we'd needed him to even with suspect blocking. Why take the risk though? They weren't coming back against our D.

Some Sunday thoughts from a guy that only shows up random now.

- CJH has grown as a coach. He didn’t allow this win to be snatched from his defense and ST. That Oklahoma defense was a perfect tune-up for Bama and Georgia.
- We have speed all over the field.
- We make other teams pay when they possess the ball. Hardest hitting team I’ve seen since 2002. This secondary HITS! These linebackers HIT! This DL is absolutely savage! The ST's are so aggressive! Our offense is physical!
- We have true leaders on offense (Mays) and defense (Pili) and it's so refreshing to see. They lead by example and flat get the job done.
- This team is unselfish.
- Our fanbase is a religion and Neyland is our cathedral. Volunteer fans are a different breed whether home or on the road.

Enjoy the bye week everyone. My boys are attending UCF (We owe a lot of thanks to UCF BTW) and hopefully will watch the Knights beat on Colorado next week. I will miss the Arkansas game the week after for good reason. I will be in France and will finally put my hands in the beaches of Normandy where my Grandfather landed and fought 80 years ago. I will be back for the Florida game. Love you all. Hug your families and appreciate all your blessings.
Post more, please.

I hear you…but the fumble happened before any contact was made which makes the ball live…and the QB should be viewed as a normal player..he didn’t need the protection rules they implemented for QB’s at that point and the football move our defensive player made had nothing to do with the play causing the fumble.
I hate the rule and especially it’s subjective nature but I haven’t, personally, seen them differentiate between qb and normal player when the qb is attempting to pass.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I think it's possible we could have dropped a few more touchdowns but it would have been risky, both increasing our chance of losing and possibly getting Nico hurt.

That run Nico made on the zone read definitely made me think there was a chance he could have taken over the game if we'd needed him to even with suspect blocking. Why take the risk though? They weren't coming back against our D.
The purpose of the tweet is incorrect IMHO. They "looked" competitive (even though they weren't) b/c Josh took his foot off the gas? No. Josh took the foot off the gas (as in going vanilla and often ineffective on offense) BECAUSE their defense was more than competitive. That DL was stifling our run and pressuring Nico far too much.

Josh didn't call off the dogs in the 2nd half (with the game still in question, by the way!) b/c he has a soft spot for OU. He saw the matchups and played the game he thought most likely to get us a win. If Heupel took his foot off the gas with the game still in question, he needs to be fired and we need to be back in a coaching search.

At the end of the night, OU's defense is no joke. Thankfully, neither is ours.

Actually not sure - is it still roughing the passer if he has just fumbled, instead of just thrown the ball… I don’t think so, but could be wrong. Either way, they hit Nico’s helmet/facemask on one of his strip sacks and of course it wasn’t called.
Good question about if his status is not "passer." Kind of a weak call , regardless.

VN Store

Back