Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Maybe. To add to your point, is having too much of a break a hindrance? You know the SEC championship game would be a battle. What if we were to lose a major contributor? It's an interesting question to ponder.
I hear you. I think the coaches and team are really well disciplined. Look at 2nd-4th/5th string guys going hard and not giving up on plays despite games being well in-hand.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but even if the team basically got to take it easy and rest between georgia game and the playoffs, we'd come out fired up.

Plus it's a home game...

If it were the previous coaches or even some of the previous Heupel teams that lacked a little bit of the leadership and swagger that this team has, it may be a different story.

I think we'll be fine.

Just win

Now these are the class fans that @butchna was talking about.
Wife and I got close to the field after the game and Mrs. butchna with her T-Rex arms couldn’t do a proper selfie. Lovely old lady and undoubted lifetime Sooner faithful happily offered and snapped us. Considering the disappointing results, I wouldn’t have even asked…all too gracious, open and friendly. Simple detail that stands out to me.

I hear you. I think the coaches and team are really well disciplined. Look at 2nd-4th/5th string guys going hard and not giving up on plays despite games being well in-hand.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but even if the team basically got to take it easy and rest between georgia game and the playoffs, we'd come out fired up.

Plus it's a home game...

If it were the previous coaches or even some of the previous Heupel teams that lacked a little bit of the leadership and swagger that this team has, it may be a different story.

I think we'll be fine.

Just win
I should have qualified that you still get the home playoff game in either scenario.

I loved that in real time. If they can't stop this with rule changes, the announcers can at least point it out and shame teams, coaches and players about it.
I was hoping Herbie would say they were still doing it later when Da'Jon Terry was ambling back to the huddle (in the 4th qtr, I think), saw the signal, grabbed his arm (!) and fell to the ground.

But I was so glad to hear someone finally call it out, in prime time, no less Herbie, salute!

Wife and I got close to the field after the game and Mrs. butchna with her T-Rex arms couldn’t do a proper selfie. Lovely old lady and undoubted lifetime Sooner faithful happily offered and snapped us. Considering the disappointing results, I wouldn’t have even asked…all too gracious, open and friendly. Simple detail that stands out to me.
Why didn’t you take the selfie?

VN Store

Back