Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I don't see us not hosting if we went 12-0 and lost SECCG to a team that likely ends up being the #1...
The point is playing that extra game. I almost am thinking I'd rather miss the championship game and save the bodies. Sort of like an early exit in the SEC basketball tournament when you're getting a good seed anyway.

Have you noticed squirrel jumping as he catches the ball a lot, most of the time falling down as he catches or drops it? Wonder why he's got that habit? There's been a few times when he didnt even need to break stride, but he jumps for the ball.
Yes. They are going to have to work with him on that. Seems to have started last year. But with the passes more on the money, it shows. He'll get it straightened out.

The point is playing that extra game. I almost am thinking I'd rather miss the championship game and save the bodies. Sort of like an early exit in the SEC basketball tournament when you're getting a good seed anyway.
You don't think the 2 weeks between championship game and first round is enough?

Also, our last tough game is Georgia on Nov 16, since it's UTEP & vandy afterwards...that'll leave 3 weeks for any nagging injuries to get healed up between our last big game and the SEC championship game

joe-biden-biden-vs-trump.gif

Jackson Arnold was rated as the better QB of the two when it comes to Nico by at least some of the services. Can we please quit placing such importance on recruiting rankings? TIA.

I can’t remember the exact stat but I think 5* QBs end up having something like a 30% to 50% bust rate. How to define bust is difficult but it’s usually not getting many significant snaps/starts in college. I look at a guy like Brock Vandagriff who was a composite 5* but looks like he can’t play. It’s weird.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
You don't think the 2 weeks between championship game and first round is enough?

Also, our last tough game is Georgia on Nov 16, since it's UTEP & vandy afterwards...that'll leave 3 weeks for any nagging injuries to get healed up between our last big game and the SEC championship game
Maybe. To add to your point, is having too much of a break a hindrance? You know the SEC championship game would be a battle. What if we were to lose a major contributor? It's an interesting question to ponder.

VN Store

Back