Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I can respect that, and I'd like to think that. It's just that with that crowd and the injuries on the OL, I think he was balancing protecting the ball and protecting Nico's psyche. That defense was throwing 8 months of planning and some Venable complexity/disguises at Nico. I think CJH took himself out of the equation and coached for the team's and Nico best benefit.

I think he knew that offense wasn't getting to 20 points without more help from us. And he was right. Even with Nico fumbling twice, (in hindsight, with my BVS flair up out of the equation now) they still didn't get to 20. All that to say that I suspect CJH was thinking more about the odds of their low score vs the odds of our high score. He said in his presser that the game dictated the style. I believe him.

Peace

I don’t think there is any concern whatsoever with Nico’s psyche. I do believe the plan became super conservative after realizing the only way to lose that game was if the OL couldn’t hold up in pass pro and it led to more TOs

I still think he could've scored 40+ on them if he really wanted to.
Absolutely! Heup was playing the long game, protecting assets for a run.

I was happy to see that even though Okie Boy was blind to almost everything, he took Heup's "effin around" (as he called it) as a huge insult. That means in his heart Okie agrees with you. What he wants to "clarify" is that it could have been much worse. Okie Boi feels like Heup treated Okie like a charity case. There we other reasons, we know, but I'm happy for Okie to know they got off easy and to consider it more humiliating than giving up more points.

Last edited:
My take on the game was that it very much kind of felt like one of our games from the late nineties thru 2005 when we would score enough early to feel comfortable and then turn it over to a dominant and punishing defense. Sure, I would have loved to have hung 40 plus on them and truly buried them but coach and our boys proved their point anyway . Let's get everyone healthy and ready for the next stretch.

SIAP, but was there ever any indication as to why Heard was held out? AP seemed to be hinting that it might be something more than just simply being hurt.

Someone on here shared a rumor that Heard was supposed to travel with the team but backed out late in the week. Something about his agent telling him to heal more before playing again. If AP is hinting something this could be true.

Reactions: JCVol00
Morgan Wallen’s old music is a lot better imo, his new stuff is a little too poppy for my liking, not to mention he went for quantity over quality his last couple of albums, and most of the songs on them sound like filler songs to me. Still though, he has some good stuff and it’s cool to see such a big name like him support and rep the vols like that

We went to Oklahoma and made our statement. They are no longer the enemy. No reason to continue to trash them.

If the fanbase made anyone angry and you want to see them suffer... If it's irritating that their copium of the week is, "But QBs! Second half shows we got ours now and it would have been different if we'd started him..." Think on this.

It's not true. It's just not. That's clear to anyone who isn't delusional.

So, if you need schadenfreude, just leave it to kismet. That logic will be easily exposed as they play their SEC schedule, and that landing will be even bumpier for them as the copium is shocked out of their system.
Sam Bradford wouldn't have helped them.

Yup.

Wake-up call for Okies. They should be thanking B'ham for sending officials willing to cheat, our two starting OT's for being hurt, their own HC for devising a defensive scheme for keeping the final score as low as it was, and their own garbage turf that is unfit to be used in the SEC.

Their losing point margin would have been much higher for any one or more of those going the Vols way instead. Anybody with a brain could see which team had the far better players and team.

Sankey tried to set us up for a loss to one of his new darlings and failed. 🖕 that guy. He needs to go away.
That is over now. Sanky is going to be getting our coffee and picking up our drycleaning.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ we wanted this is what we got.

NIL.
1665415357054.gif

@Jackcrevol catastrophizes about the backup OTs playing. Now inadvertently reveals that he wanted both backups to start all year. Any launch pad is as good as another and no contradiction can stand in the way of thespian hysterics. Chill, fish man!

Last edited:
Sup VN, 4-0 feels good!
giphy.webp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ we wanted this is what we got.

NIL.

Eventually there will be fallout from guys doing this during the season though. In the NFL you can’t just sit out whenever you want and still get paid consistently. They’ll question your dedication and it can hurt your next contract and career.

The more I think about the game Saturday the more impressed I am with this team.

Road game, at night, top 15 opponent. Field conditions so poor the announcers accused Oklahoma of intentionally growing the grass too long to slow us down. Heavily slanted officiating. A freshman QB making his first road start. Opponent taking dives to slow us down. Injuries on the OL.

And the game was firmly in hand the entire second half. This team just takes care of business.

VN Store

Back