Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Reactions: Buddy’s Bandit
Smart to do it now. Worst case you and friends make it a weekend. Who knows maybe it'll end up being Vandy versus Auburn in the Championship, if we dont make it.

That would be fun. Like watching a pillow fight.
yeah, I have so many free rooms with Hyatt that I likely won't ever pay for a hotel again. I doubt I'd go if we aren't there though. Vols or bust.

Reactions: screenthis
Watching these Oklahoma media and youtube ppl react has showed me that:

They are not used to things not going well for them. Very much a "how could this be happening to US, the Great Oklahoma!" They have a hard time recognizing just how bad we outclassed them because of how spoiled they've been. They think it's more of their fault rather than our fault.

Well Oklahoma....there ain't no more flyover-backwater stiffs to inflate your all time record with. You ain't competing against kids that grew up counting kernals in a crop circle.

Welcome to the mf-ing SEC, the REAL SOUTH where we got the biggest fastest meanest black, white and....POLYNESIAN mfers, ready to provide you a most unwelcome amount of B2A-ness.

Happy 0-1.
Well it gets worse for them. They are not used to playing more than one conference game per year. Wait til they find out there's more where that came from.

Morgan Wallen and Florida-Georgia Line have the same producer as Nickleback when they were in their pop prime. I don't think it is a coincidence that they are all hated on. I feel like most of their music is sonically pretty good but just empty of emotion. Doesn't help that my first experience with Wallen was my niece saying she loved this new song and wanted me to hear it... it was him butchering Jason Isbell's "Cover Me Up"
Exactly

It's pop-country or "bro-country". There's nothing there emotionally and that's why it's a turn-off to me. Morgan Wallen might have started out for the love of the music but it sounds like he's in it for just the money and that ain't real country music.

I guess that is my overall biggest point.

There are no more balladeers, Willie, Waylon, Hank, Merle. Even Glen Campbell, Jerry Reed, Possum, hell man. Some of those songs had orchestras in background.

Two arent even close.
Chris Stapleton would fit the bill. Plenty of other up and coming western/mountain youths but they don't get the radio play. I enjoy Western AF and Radio WV channels on youtube. Some real talent coming through there. Zac Bryan, Lucas Nelson, Dylan Gossett, Jake Kohn, Dean Johnson, Colby Acuff, Charlie Crockett... good current music is out there you just have to look outside of the radio

We went to Oklahoma and made our statement. They are no longer the enemy. No reason to continue to trash them.

If the fanbase made anyone angry and you want to see them suffer... If it's irritating that their copium of the week is, "But QBs! Second half shows we got ours now and it would have been different if we'd started him..." Think on this.

It's not true. It's just not. That's clear to anyone who isn't delusional.

So, if you need schadenfreude, just leave it to kismet. That logic will be easily exposed as they play their SEC schedule, and that landing will be even bumpier for them as the copium is shocked out of their system.
Meh, it’s the same old song and dance every time. Opposing fans will come up with any excuse to down the other team.

We know their defense is good and will continue to be. We also know our defense is awesome and made their offense look worse than it is. We also know that their offense is bad without any help from us. Doesn’t make our defense any less great.

We will continue to prove it game by game.

yeah, I have so many free rooms with Hyatt that I likely won't ever pay for a hotel again. I doubt I'd go if we aren't there though. Vols or bust.
wow, nice.

I can barely get to Silver level. Could stay more, just dont enjoy it. Miss my kids, and dog too much.

Edit: I meant wife, yes. Not dog.

1727100521404.png
😬

Chris Stapleton would fit the bill. Plenty of other up and coming western/mountain youths but they don't get the radio play. I enjoy Western AF and Radio WV channels on youtube. Some real talent coming through there. Zac Bryan, Lucas Nelson, Dylan Gossett, Jake Kohn, Dean Johnson, Colby Acuff, Charlie Crockett... good current music is out there you just have to look outside of the radio
Someone on VN suggested Sturgill Simpson to me back in the winter. I'm glad they did. I've bought 5 of his CDs this year and really enjoyed them.

I said this would happen. Vols whoop Oklahoma and whoop em good but it would be nothing but excuse after excuse and the Vols would still have to beat X to prove they were any good to most people. If we had put up our usual 40+ points, then maybe. Heup dialing back the offense to not get folks hurt on that crap field and to not risk any more costly TO's with 2 backup OT's in the game makes people think UT isn't legit.

Just keep winning.
Have you guys been listening to the YouTube analysis all over the place since the game? Sounds like most of the OU faithful are in the "we suck" phase of grief, but pretty much everyone else sees this game as questions answered. UT dominated. UT fans should be elated and the SEC should be on notice b/c UT doesn't have to footrace people to beat them anymore. The defense can carry the game when the offense can't.

I'm not sure where all of this cringe about perceived disrespect is coming from.

wow, nice.

I can barely get to Silver level. Could stay more, just dont enjoy it. Miss my kids, and dog too much.

Edit: I meant wife, yes. Not dog.

View attachment 680042
😬
I've got a ton of points with Marriott. Got those when I traveled for work (mostly). Now that it's on my dime, harder to stay at Marriott with higher prices. I choose the lower priced hotel.

Is it just me or does it still 'hurt' to pay over $100 for a hotel?

Charley Crockett is significantly better in every way than Morgan Wallen and 95% of this board has probably never heard his name. He's also not an establishment guy though.

Charlie Crockett is significantly better in every way than Morgan Wallen and 95% of this board has probably never heard his name. He's also not an establishment guy though.
Pop music has never been about talent. Literally ever. In fact, there's probably an inverse correlation to talent and being a pop star. Once you get too talented, you're no longer a candidate to be an ultra famous pop music star.

Reactions: VolMike16
I've got a ton of points with Marriott. Got those when I traveled for work (mostly). Now that it's on my dime, harder to stay at Marriott with higher prices. I choose the lower priced hotel.

Is it just me or does it still 'hurt' to pay over $100 for a hotel?
I'm thrilled with anything under 150 even outside a downtown areas. Under $200 for downtown is a steal.

VN Store

Back