Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Loser of the sec championship game will be the worst spot. An extra game of wear and tear and no bye week.
Yes!
I was telling a friend of mine this morning finishing 3rd might be better??
You get a rest weekend then host a first round playoff game.
If you finish 3rd, you are probably looking at a number 5 seed, if you lose the SEC championship game is it your second or third lost? How far do you fall? Do you go from a home to a road payoff game?
Just some bye week thoughts.
Before the MJ>LJ melt down😎

Okie eventually fahrs so many coaches that no one is left to take over as interim. But, he says, all coaches have like 150 analysts now, so maybe one of them can do it. 😂

"Brent [Venables] needs to eat a lot of sh-t for this." 😂 He explains:

Tennessee fans were like, "We're gonna beat you 42 to 10." I'm like,"You may win this football game, but you're not dropping 42 points on us." But I want clarify something. [Okie] people are all hyping up our defense in the second half.
That's not it. Josh Heupel had NO respect for our offense last night! .... Josh Heupel effed around all second half! Because he knew our offense couldn't get to 20 points.

At least -- as opposed to the flaccid trolls here -- Okie Boy sees our strategic second-half maneuvering as Heupel's ultimate and intolerable humiliation of Oklahoma football.👍The unkindest cut of all.

For the connoisseur of pathos and self delusion, bruh -- bludgeoned into a corner of living hell by his viewing experience and Heupel's devastating snub -- finally strikes out with the knife wet noodle stab that Vols fans need to be very afraid. Okies are so desperate now they will take Josh Heupel from us as their only hope! 😂

Bruh has learned nothing.

@clt_tiger is right. The heavily freighted line at 1:38, spoken in ignorance, is the highlight. 👀

Last edited:
Okie eventually fahrs so many Okie coaches that he has no one left to take over as interim. But, he says, all coaches have like 150 analysts now, so maybe one of them do it. 😂

"Brent [Venables] needs to eat a lot of sh-t for this, too." 😂 He explains:

At least -- as opposed to the flaccid trolls here -- Okie Boy sees Heup's strategic maneuvering as Heup's ultimate and intolerable humiliation of Oklahoma football 👍. The unkindest cut of all.

For connoisseur of pathos and self delusion, bruh, bludgeoned into a corner of living hell by his viewing experience, finally strikes out with a knife wet noodle stab that Vols fans need to be very afraid. The Okies will be are desperate now they will take Josh Heupel from us! 😂

Bruh has learned nothing.

@clt_tiger is right. The strange line at 1:38 is the highlight. 👀
That's odd. He didn't give credit to Tennessee. 😅 And I do hope he gets his eyelid fixed.

Reactions: Orange.
I’d keep him and Campbell out till Florida.

We played fine against OU and surely Arkansas isn’t better than them lol
Brother, I'm not being negative but that Oline didn't play fine against OU. I would grade that as a D.

I love the Rick Flair Woo call by Garrett (our GA) on the sideline towards end of the play.

So, I got to thinking about this OU game and I've gained even more respect and appreciation for CJH.

He was unceremoniously fired from OU after winning them a championship as a qb, then worked up their coaching staff to OC. Stoops forced him to run the TAMU offense at the time even though Josh was an air raid guy. He was fired for doing so and replaced by a guy running the air raid that Josh wanted to run. I can't imagine how betrayed, attacked and slighted he must have felt.

Imagine the temptation to come back and prove his offensive chops. But he didn't. He looked at his team's strengths and weaknesses, at the opponent's strengths and weaknesses. Then he humbled himself and allowed Banks to "win the game" so to speak. He allowed it to become a defensive game instead of trying to prove a point and get his due recognition from the folks that slighted him.

I love it.

So, I got to thinking about this OU game and I've gained even more respect and appreciation for CJH.

He was unceremoniously fired from OU after winning them a championship as a qb, then worked up their coaching staff to OC. Stoops forced him to run the TAMU offense at the time even though Josh was an air raid guy. He was fired for doing so and replaced by a guy running the air raid that Josh wanted to run. I can't imagine how betrayed, attacked and slighted he must have felt.

Imagine the temptation to come back and prove his offensive chops. But he didn't. He looked at his team's strengths and weaknesses, at the opponent's strengths and weaknesses. Then he humbled himself and allowed Banks to "win the game" so to speak. He allowed it to become a defensive game instead of trying to prove a point and get his due recognition from the folks that slighted him.

I love it.
I still think he could've scored 40+ on them if he really wanted to.

No one ignores Weezer!

R.270e81369d07a7834b77f3d893f9da60
This checks out. As listening to Weezer usually feels like about like the man in that bed is feeling in that moment. Gif is accurate.

That's odd. He didn't give credit to Tennessee. 😅 And I do hope he gets his eyelid fixed.
🤣 Exactly! No credit at all. Heurmetically sealed in a bubble of denial. It's all the Okie offense's fault, you see, and all the coaches who need to be fahred.

I suspect his eyelid will never recover. That game left a mark.

I still think he could've scored 40+ on them if he really wanted to.
I can respect that, and I'd like to think that. It's just that with that crowd and the injuries on the OL, I think he was balancing protecting the ball and protecting Nico's psyche. That defense was throwing 8 months of planning and some Venable complexity/disguises at Nico. I think CJH took himself out of the equation and coached for the team's and Nico best benefit.

I think he knew that offense wasn't getting to 20 points without more help from us. And he was right. Even with Nico fumbling twice, (in hindsight, with my BVS flair up out of the equation now) they still didn't get to 20. All that to say that I suspect CJH was thinking more about the odds of their low score vs the odds of our high score. He said in his presser that the game dictated the style. I believe him.

Peace

VN Store

Back