Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I made that comparison after the game myself. We couldn't even run for 1-2 yards to pick up a 3rd/4th down that year and that's how Oklahoma looked against us. Just totally outmatched. Impressive win.
That UGA loss really sucked. I mean our offense was the best in the nation and we couldn’t do anything against them. I hate UGA.

Not convinced we’ll face a better defense than OU outside of Georgia. Bama possibly, but that game is in Neyland.

We won't and OU had an advantage that neither Georgia or Bama will have.

We were their first real test and they intentionally played vanilla in their early games to have plenty of new looks to show us.

Charley Crockett is significantly better in every way than Morgan Wallen and 95% of this board has probably never heard his name. He's also not an establishment guy though.
I hadn’t until now. I like it pretty good. Definitely an old soul.

But they aren’t even playing the same game if that makes sense. Totally different styles and scenes.

Do you have the 5.4 Triton? I have a 2004.
That’s me. Never felt the need to upgrade. Wife says when we pay off her Camry, I’m up next, but whatever newer Ford vehicle I get will be in the garage. Driving this indestructible mutha to work…and the grave. 😎

What do you a @jave36 mean?

I still drive a 2005 Silverado. There ain't no blue tooth in there

Have a 2006 Silverado and a 2009 Escape.

This things are damn good value, better than a lame charger and has the ability to turn any radio station into Bluetooth for the phone for streaming. I'd wait until October 8th/9th for prime days and snag a 2 pack or something (that's what I did)

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange.
That UGA loss really sucked. I mean our offense was the best in the nation and we couldn’t do anything against them. I hate UGA.
UT’s offense is most dangerous when teams have to defend run and pass spatially. UGA got a lead in 2022 and then ran the ball for basically all of the third quarter. When UT got the ball in the fourth, UGA didn’t have to defend the run as much because of the clock. No offense looks great playing one handed, especially one that is so heavily based on spacing. Offense was UGA’s best defense that day.

UT played good complimentary football on Saturday, too. Controlling a game on the road with a young QB and a banged up OL is a hell of a win.

Having heard Robert Plant live multiple times, his voice is one of the best I have heard. Up there with Chris Cornell for me personally. Ive only seen a couple hundred bands live, but some big time ones in there and he always impressed.
Yeah that was just dumb
No offense to rickberry but dang son

Yeah..... About 1000 times each. That's the reason I don't care much for Wallen. They've played those 2 songs so much on Knoxville radio, that I just got sick of him. I might give him another chance in 10 years. (That's how I felt about Crocs too. I couldn't stand looking at them when they came out, but put them on the clearance rack and I'm all in. I'm anti-establishment)
Look on YouTube for Morgan Wallen "Cover me up"...it is a cover of the Jason Isbell song, but it is just him and another guy playing their guitars in a studio...I don't care for his music, but that boy sings the piss out of that song...I love that one.

I wish he would do more of THAT and less pop-bro country...he is good at it.

Reactions: Brillovol and SSVol
Morgan Wallen and Florida-Georgia Line have the same producer as Nickleback when they were in their pop prime. I don't think it is a coincidence that they are all hated on. I feel like most of their music is sonically pretty good but just empty of emotion. Doesn't help that my first experience with Wallen was my niece saying she loved this new song and wanted me to hear it... it was him butchering Jason Isbell's "Cover Me Up"
I love that cover..how in the heck is it butchered up? That is dumb.

Reactions: Brillovol and mrMet
Morgan Wallen and Florida-Georgia Line have the same producer as Nickleback when they were in their pop prime. I don't think it is a coincidence that they are all hated on. I feel like most of their music is sonically pretty good but just empty of emotion. Doesn't help that my first experience with Wallen was my niece saying she loved this new song and wanted me to hear it... it was him butchering Jason Isbell's "Cover Me Up"
I played summer baseball with Brian Kelley from FGL and at the time we were just college kids so I had no idea he was a musician until one day he started giving out copies of his music. At the time he was making like rock music even Christian music. It was kinda funny to see the country turn knowing he isn’t really country.

But he’s a great guy and I’m happy for him. One of the nicest dudes I know for sure.

Reactions: Brillovol
Look on YouTube for Morgan Wallen "Cover me up"...it is a cover of the Jason Isbell song, but it is just him and another guy playing their guitars in a studio...I don't care for his music, but that boy sings the piss out of that song...I love that one.

I wish he would do more of THAT and less pop-bro country...he is good at it.
Despite the negative comments, he's clearly got some talent. Not my style of music, but successful musicians are successful for a reason. That reason may not make sense to some, but it does to others. There is no right or wrong, just your preference.

As a child of the 70s and 80s, my roots are Kansas, Boston, Led Zep, etc. and I still have a fond appreciation for that era. Current tastes run pretty different, but I would never offer mine to this group of VN Neanderthals to shout "that's not music", "it's complete crap", etc. One of my favorite musicians is a bit of a folk/pop crossover artist who did a concert at Kennedy Center with the National Symphony. Had tears in my eyes for nearly the entire concert. May not be the jam of many, but it moves me...and music should move you. Listen to what you love and what moves *you*.

Reactions: screenthis
CJH coached an awesome game Saturday night
Anyone complaining needs a reality check
He followed the maxims to the T

Number 4….. Protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game.

That’s what he did and we dominated a top 15 team on the road with a stud freshman QB and 2 backup tackles

This is a helluva team

In his locker room
Video he started to say we got a chance to win it all but caught himself but reality is we do have a chance to win it all. As good of a chance as anyone

This defense is badass and I love that when they hit someone on the opposing team, you can damn near feel it through the TV. They ****ing bring it with a pissed off attitude and have some swag to go with it and it’s great to watch

McCoy is a total stud at CB and he plays with a chip on his shoulder

Boo talks, the dline talks, it’s fun bc they back it up and they are having a blast doing it

VN Store

Back