Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I think this may be the year that Pearce doesn’t live up to the preseason media hype just due to the sheer number of bodies we have and the constant rotation to keep them all fresh. Hopefully he can have himself a day vs Bama or UGA on the national stage.
Oh, he's gonna live up and more. Now that teams realize it isn't as easy as double teaming Pearce he will get more free time to play smear the LGBTQ person (we called a different name in my less enlightened childhood).

Last edited:
Love how Heupel coached and won that game. Had a 98 feel to it and answered a lot of the unknowns going into the season. We know a Heupel team will score points, he’s done it every where. But on Saturday he showed that he can also beat you by playing field position and defense. Couldn’t have last year or in 22. The potential of this team is beyond just making the playoffs.

Yeah that was just dumb
No offense to rickberry but dang son

Don't get me wrong, I think Robert Plant is a legendary singer. He is not of operatic quality, that would be Freddie Mercury. My point was that you can be a great singer and not have a great voice. Plant had amazing range.

everybody wants to see the Vols under the lights

I think Nico hits his stride at Arky and keeps it up at home vs Florida.

Took Hendon some games to get the pace and placement down, and once he did it was lethal
He’s still REALLY green. Five games in a Tennessee uniform, relatively new to football compared to other 5-star QBs, we gotta be patient with him. Thankfully he’s got a veteran team to lean on. Perfect scenario for him.

OK, now I need to know who it was at Kennedy Center.
I've been a musician since the 70s. Was a music major before I ditched it for engineering. Played, sang, and toured in various capacities. At 60 I still play on the worship team at a good sized church. Music is spiritual to me, even music some wouldn't consider spiritual. I'm sure many/most wouldn't find what moves me to be emotional to them. But that's what makes music so amazing.

With that said, I really don't want the critique of what I love...

Engine wise it’s fine. Original wiring was hinkey. Shorted out a couple of batteries and a stereo. Good thing it doesn’t have cruise control.
I bought mine used to use as a work truck. It had $100K on it when I bought it.

One day it started running poorly and one of the guys that worked for me was a mechanic and he scanned it. He said it was a cylinder down and I needed coil pack or a plug. I thought it was probably due for all the plugs to be changed since I didn't do it when I first purchased it. Bought the whole set and he asked why. I said I'd never heard of anyone changing just one plug. He just giggled and walked away and said good luck. I put the plug wrench on it, (it had to be the one in the back, buried up). I turned it and it came out but I noticed it left the very end of the plug in the cylinder head. I called my guy up there and he said that's why you just change one. He said it was a known problem and you had to have a special tool to extract the remaining part of the plug. A friend of mine had the tool and he ran it to me. I asked him how to use it and he said he'd never used it before. After a YouTube video I was able to extract that plug. 7 of the 8 broke off. It literally took 8 hrs to change the plugs. I also ended up having to change all the coil packs. A few weeks later it started running rough, would hardly run. Turns out it was the timing chain. Paid my guy to do the timing chain. Turns out you need to do cam phasers when you do the timing chain. I had since parted ways with that guy but I called him and he said he didn't think I wanted to spend the additional $ on those but offered to do them. I told him I wasn't going to pay him again for what he should have done the first time. Watched a Youtube video and did that myself (there's cheat to keep from having to remove the timing chain cover).

I also ended up changing the Variable timing solenoids to. The truck runs great now at over 200K.

Those are all issues with the 5.4.

Reactions: butchna
I've been a musician since the 70s. Was a music major before I ditched it for engineering. Played, sang, and toured in various capacities. At 60 I still play on the worship team at a good sized church. Music is spiritual to me, even music some wouldn't consider spiritual. I'm sure many/most wouldn't find what moves me to be emotional to them. But that's what makes music so amazing.

With that said, I really don't want the critique of what I love...
My guy. Can I adopt you as my VN uncle? My VuNcle.

VN Store

Back