Recruiting Football Talk VIII

everybody wants to see the Vols under the lights

I think Nico hits his stride at Arky and keeps it up at home vs Florida.

Took Hendon some games to get the pace and placement down, and once he did it was lethal
Exactly...Hendon was good but I think he hit his stride when he played FLA that year.

Man they make a $10 Bluetooth receiver that goes in the cigarette lighter charger and broadcasts on any FM band you want so you can play stuff from your phone on older cars. Stop buying CDs!

Yep...that's what I have...but my wife is ol school and refuses to download, she still buys CDs...and it aggravates the heck outta me because the big center console in her car is full of them..lol.

Exactly...Hendon was good but I think he hit his stride when he played FLA that year.
Yep/

Nico had a great game at OU considering our Tackle situation. I think if Heard were healthy we would have had way more knockout punches. I think OU was his Florida game. He's seeing the field and the offense really well. Need a healthy OL and more of those Thornton and Bru shots will be open. We haven't even really got Squirrel or Brazzell going either. So much potential on offense that we haven't even tapped into yet. I remain excited

Primetine games are at night now. I expect UF, UGA and Bubba all to be 730 kicks.
I genuinely believe that the 7pm-7:30 spot is worth another point or two than the 3:30 spot.

Last two big games I went to, Ole Miss in 21' and FL in 22', it was pretty surprising how much crazier the Ole Miss game was.

I also have to be at a wedding in VA on Oct 19th so the latest start possible would be swellll.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Despite the negative comments, he's clearly got some talent. Not my style of music, but successful musicians are successful for a reason. That reason may not make sense to some, but it does to others. There is no right or wrong, just your preference.

As a child of the 70s and 80s, my roots are Kansas, Boston, Led Zep, etc. and I still have a fond appreciation for that era. Current tastes run pretty different, but I would never offer mine to this group of VN Neanderthals to shout "that's not music", "it's complete crap", etc. One of my favorite musicians is a bit of a folk/pop crossover artist who did a concert at Kennedy Center with the National Symphony. Had tears in my eyes for nearly the entire concert. May not be the jam of many, but it moves me...and music should move you. Listen to what you love and what moves *you*.
OK, now I need to know who it was at Kennedy Center.

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52
I genuinely believe that the 7pm-7:30 spot is worth another point or two than the 3:30 spot.

Last two big games I went to, Ole Miss in 21' and FL in 22', it was pretty surprising how much crazier the Ole Miss game was.

I also have to be at a wedding in VA on Oct 19th so the latest start possible would be swellll.
Mhmmmmm. That 330 slot is actually pretty bad. It's usually hot, and it's mid afternoon nap time. 7pm you have time to drink all day then take a kid day nap and get rested for kickoff.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
we should have known too

their field looked like trash for 2 weeks before we played them, it was all over social media

we should have been expecting it
Tru dat. I just wonder if the sandy light grass called for different shoes than the thick tall-ish dark highly unstable sodding. No expertise in this kind of thing. I might look back at Okie's Tulane game and see what Okie was wearing.

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back