Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Having heard Robert Plant live multiple times, his voice is one of the best I have heard. Up there with Chris Cornell for me personally. Ive only seen a couple hundred bands live, but some big time ones in there and he always impressed.
I know I'm in the minority here but the best live to me is Greg Allman and the Allman brothers band. They and him sound just as awesome live, to me literally no difference. They played and sounded so tight live, I've seen them many times and it never was a let down. Robert Plant is absolutely up there too, he is phenomenal.

Eh to each their own. Butchered may have been a bit strong no need to be insulting. Don't care for people covering songs personal to the original artist. That was a song written by Isbell for his wife Amanda Shires
And I know the story..a lot of great songs are personal that are heavily covered.

I don't like Jason Isbells voice..I don't like much of his music...and I don't like him at all...but that is a heck of a song...and I think MW actually sang it with a lot of feeling and talent.

But to each his own...I take back the "dumb" comment.

You'd probably think I'm dumb for loving Nessun Dorma...but it is one of my absolute favorite songs of all time....also Mio Babbino Caro.

How many big rednecks you know that even know those kinds of songs?...lol.

Elvis died when I was 10, but he is one of my all time faves too....not ashamed of that either..lol

Reactions: Volunteer821
And I know the story..a lot of great songs are personal that are heavily covered.

I don't like Jason Isbells voice..I don't like much of his music...and I don't like him at all...but that is a heck of a song...and I think MW actually sang it with a lot of feeling and talent.

But to each his own...I take back the "dumb" comment.

You'd probably think I'm dumb for loving Nessun Dorma...but it is one of my absolute favorite songs of all time....also Mio Babbino Caro.

How many big rednecks you know that even know those kinds of songs?...lol.

Elvis died when I was 10, but he is one of my all time faves too....not ashamed of that either..lol
Elvis is king no doubt.

Wallen is also a VERY accomplished song writer...he has written several hits for others artists. There are sone contemporary country songs that I like, but for the most part, It's not my cup of tea...but I recognize the talent that it takes to do that.

I listen to a little bit of everything myself...I agree.
I just think a vast majority of artists sound alike and most songs have the same tune, especially the stuff played on the radio nowadays. Give me some Merle Haggard, Waylon or Marty Robbins any day over the bro country.

I just think a vast majority of artists sound alike and most songs have the same tune, especially the stuff played on the radio nowadays. Give me some Merle Haggard, Waylon or Marty Robbins any day over the bro country.
And literally anything from Johnny Cash and Tom T Hall.

VN Store

Back