Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Morgan two years ago along with Swift helped save the concert industry. Whatever it is…it works in selling out stadiums after Covid.

They indeed helped. Each had 1 top-10 grossing tour the last 3 years. T Swift's was out of nowhere, at least to me...the thing of Beatles or early Stones takeovers. I still couldn't name a single song of hers, but it ain't for me any more than fratboy country is. To each their own.

The tops? The Stones, Harry Styles, Ed Sheeran, Bad Bunny. Crazy but wonder how Dead and Co., Phish, and The Eagles will show with The Sphere shows. Each already has a top-10 tour 21-23. Eagles and Stones can't stop, won't stop.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
we should have known too

their field looked like trash for 2 weeks before we played them, it was all over social media

we should have been expecting it
@MetalVolunteer mentioned that the rumor was their field was going to be slippery. Anyone in the know care to elaborate?

I also wondered if we had brought extra cleats with longer spikes, just in case?

I can respect that, and I'd like to think that. It's just that with that crowd and the injuries on the OL, I think he was balancing protecting the ball and protecting Nico's psyche. That defense was throwing 8 months of planning and some Venable complexity/disguises at Nico. I think CJH took himself out of the equation and coached for the team's and Nico best benefit.

I think he knew that offense wasn't getting to 20 points without more help from us. And he was right. Even with Nico fumbling twice, (in hindsight, with my BVS flair up out of the equation now) they still didn't get to 20. All that to say that I suspect CJH was thinking more about the odds of their low score vs the odds of our high score. He said in his presser that the game dictated the style. I believe him.

Peace
It occurs to me that two of the best defensive coaches in CFB..Furby Smart and Bent Vegetables have now paid Josh Heupel the ultimate complement...they BOTH admitted to devoting a lot of their teams precious practice time, in pre-season camp AND during the season instead of preparing for the other teams on their early schedule...just to stop Tennessee.

That's crazy...I can't believe they both admitted to doing it.

We have a great coach.

Last edited:
By chance if Texas goes undefeated in 1st year in SEC, Katie bar the door on the bragging and smack talk coming out of Austin, Texas.
Close your eyes and just imagine the Vols and Horns both 12-0 and meeting in Atlanta.
And just for extra sauce, imagine that Ewers is out and Manning is the starter.
Now imagine the hit your wallet would take if you want tickets. 🎟️

@MetalVolunteer mentioned that the rumor was their field was going to be slippery. Anyone in the know care to elaborate?

I also wondered if we had brought extra cleats with longer spikes, just in case?
It's called, Oklahoma is a bunch of cheating bastards, and we still beat their ass.

Huzzah!

This is why we had trouble running the ball. Look at that box.

View attachment 680127

Now, having admitted that we had trouble running the ball at times. This was about a 20 yard run against that box.
Not only did they stack the box, I noticed numerous occasions where they’d give a two high look initially but then just before ball was snapped, one of the safeties came crashing to the line.

VN Store

Back