Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I'm not sure what to call this maroon and yellow team playing the Cincinnati Bengals, but they are fun to watch.

Austin Ekeler (Washington's RB) is giving me Barry Sanders flashbacks and Jayden Daniels is legit.
Austin Ekeler is a nice little running back in the 50% or so of every season that he actually plays, but he's not fit to clean Barry Sanders' locker.

Johnny Cash remake of Hurt from NIN is the best cover ever. In fact that whole CD of covers is awesome.
The song is great but paired with the video it is one of the most emotion wrenching pieces of art..... It is to me anyway.

I read some years ago that Trent Reznor was flattered he wanted to cover his song, but that was Reznors most personal song.

Teo weeks after Rick Ruben approached him about it he got the disc in the mail and played it. He didn't know what to think about it, he said it was like someone kissing your girlfriend in front of you.........

But when he saw the video it all came together, it clicked that lyrics can have multiple meanings. He said the song as Cash recorded it in his low forceful voice and the video produced so well, it was a work of art he was glad he had contributed to in some way. He said it was kind of like losing his song to Cash, and he's made peace with that.

That's a good list minus Garth, replace him with John Conlee and your on to something there. That Bocephus Box set is awesome too. People don't realize just how many great songs he had. Hank III is pretty good too.
I've really grown to like Willie Nelson, also really appreciate Kris Kristophersons song writing and always loved the Charlie Daniels Band.

Just a few more of add even though none of them are really country music But neither is Dwight Yoakam, also one of my favorites.

Green, but my preference is a light gold. That was the original color on my ‘69 Nova. Still has the green interior on it. Gonna go back original color on the next paint job.

But first, I gotta build another garage at my place to bring it up here. 💰💰💰💰

View attachment 680247
I love that car. . .

I was asking if the car I posted was green or blue, 😂 (both pics are the same car)

Reactions: Brillovol
The song is great but paired with the video it is one of the most emotion wrenching pieces of art..... It is to me anyway.

I read some years ago that Trent Reznor was flattered he wanted to cover his song, but that was Reznors most personal song.

Teo weeks after Rick Ruben approached him about it he got the disc in the mail and played it. He didn't know what to think about it, he said it was like someone kissing your girlfriend in front of you.........

But when he saw the video it all came together, it clicked that lyrics can have multiple meanings. He said the song as Cash recorded it in his low forceful voice and the video produced so well, it was a work of art he was glad he had contributed to in some way. He said it was kind of like losing his song to Cash, and he's made peace with that.
I almost forgot about the video, it was perfect. Was almost haunting with Johnny and June both, had to go and watch it again, so awesome. Yeah it was a Johnny Cash song from the moment he redid it, its not a NIN song anymore. Funny thing is I didn't love it when NIN did it, thought it was alright, but I don't really like NIN anyways.

Last edited:
I've really grown to like Willie Nelson, also really appreciate Kris Kristophersons song writing and always loved the Charlie Daniels Band.

Just a few more of add even though none of them are really country music But neither is Dwight Yoakam, also one of my favorites.
CDB is awesome. Trudy is one of my favorite songs of all, love Charlie Daniels. The Highwaymen were awesome too.

I almost forgot about the video, it was perfect. Was almost haunting with Johnny and June both, had to go and watch it again, so awesome. Yeah it was a Johnny Cash song from the moment he redid it, its not a NIN song anymore. Funny thing is I didn't lobe it when NIN did it, thought it was alright, but I don't really like NIN anyways.
I didn't like it either. I hate Reznors soft high pitch vocals but love his forceful full diaphragm vocals.

Reactions: Volunteer821

VN Store

Back