Recruiting Football Talk VIII

This has been a down Olympics for us to some degree. The Australians have kicked our tail in swimming. We silvered some track events we were expected to win gold in. I think we'll still come out on top with the most golds and the most medals, but there is work to be done with our Olympics program.
The St. Lucia 100m gold medal winner also trains in the United States.

Swimming is cyclical in the Olympics between the USA and Australia. A lot of their best are hitting the peak as ours are slightly past. We have some really good youngsters who will hit their peak in LA.

I get it. Many of my HS friends are from
Brooklyn and Bronx. I would take NY over Calimoron.
All the Cali transplants here in mid TN I know came because their values more closely match with ours than their home state. They want to raise their families in a better place, and I don’t blame them.

LeDecky probably just won her final Gold Medal, easily won the 800m freestyle.
She is so dominant in the 1500m freestyle that she could easily win gold in LA. In the 800m she was toying around with Titmus, giving her hope through 600m and then just easily pulled away in the last 200m. She loves being part of the USA swim team.

I don’t think she is done yet. Maybe done with the shorter races…

Really disappointing considering we set the WR yesterday.

The Dutch lady who anchored their relay team was absolutely insane.
I think two things happened. The rain messed with them. They were cruising on their world record and didn’t have the same level today.

The Dutch team won the other heat yesterday, but even with their fastest runners, they weren’t able to beat the world record. Unfortunately, the USA team couldn’t replicate that level.

I remember when Nico committed. I was thinking, "Good lord I hope he's the real deal. No telling when we'll get another QB rated that high."

Definitely didnt see this many big-time QB's in the boat in just a couple years.
I was just the opposite…. I thought qb recruiting would be really good…. thought receiver recruiting might be better than it has been… I have been thoroughly impressed though with how defense and offensive line recruiting has improved…. We have a chance to become an elite football team in the near future.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Because you don't realize how good Boo is yet.
The staff prioritizes seniority over skilled freshman, it’s why last year we started slaughter/McCollough/walker over the more skilled young guys, as well as not benching Milton at points during the season

VN Store

Back