Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Didn’t even need to watch the video because I already assumed this. I honestly don’t care what the final score says, we dominated OK in every facet of the game.

Our defense was mean, fast and suffocating at every level. Never seen a TN in my 28 years that plays with the intensity of this one. Every play you have multiple guys flying to the ball like madmen.

On offense, it was nice to see us stick with the run game even though it wasn’t working until it did work. The yards eventually came but they weren’t easy yards. There was also several times that OKs field cost us some yards.

I don’t know about y’all, but my thinking is Heupel is going to be turning up the heat this week on our guys this week we're gonna come out swinging against Arkansas like we did at LSU in 2022.

Another thing that happened late, that we REALLY can't let happen against Green and Milroe...is losing contain and missing tackles on that stupid backup quarterback...dang that was frustrating as hell-o to watch.
Yeah it was frustrating. But I heard Hubbs say we got cute and had our 4th sting dline and 4th string LB’s in. Only once they crossed the 10 we put in our starters.

Reactions: Vols4us
Didn’t even need to watch the video because I already assumed this. I honestly don’t care what the final score says, we dominated OK in every facet of the game.

Our defense was mean, fast and suffocating at every level. Never seen a TN in my 28 years that plays with the intensity of this one. Every play you have multiple guys flying to the ball like madmen.

On offense, it was nice to see us stick with the run game even though it wasn’t working until it did work. The yards eventually came but they weren’t easy yards. There was also several times that OKs field cost us some yards.

I don’t know about y’all, but my thinking is Heupel is going to be turning up the heat this week on our guys this week we're gonna come out swinging against Arkansas like we did at LSU in 2022.
Agreed. It was aggravating at times to watch, but it was clear our approach in the second half was kill clock and occasionally take a shot to see if we can get into scoring position. Let the defense do the rest.

Idk if we open it up vs. Arky as I can see the run game playing pretty well but that could depend on OL health. Need a young guy to step up and replace Dayne asap.

If Arkansas can beat A&M this weekend we’re looking at another ranked primetime matchup. Should be fun.

Reactions: 25vol
Cause he can’t stand to just write a positive article. Always has to be the turd in the punchbowl.

Things couldn’t be better. Most complete team since the early 00’s. Program synergy is ideal. What’s this jerk writing about? Strength of schedule? Really? 5 of the top 6 teams are in conference. We’re just fine.

Oh, if only we had an expanded playoff where strength of schedule mattered less…wait…

Dude just can’t help himself. Once a snarky egotist, always a snarky egotist.
Is that not precisely what the headline said as well? That it may not matter? I'm not a fan of his, but the outrage seems misplaced, and it seems to be hurting you a lot more than him.

1727177486079.png

Reactions: Jack Burton
I almost forgot about the video, it was perfect. Was almost haunting with Johnny and June both, had to go and watch it again, so awesome. Yeah it was a Johnny Cash song from the moment he redid it, its not a NIN song anymore. Funny thing is I didn't love it when NIN did it, thought it was alright, but I don't really like NIN anyways.
Not a NIN song anymore? Lulz. Trent Reznor is a genius.

I still take it as passive aggressive. Throwing seeds of doubt when there’s so much else good to talk about.
You just said that you didn't read the article, and took offense to the headline that said that the strength of schedule won't matter. I think you're blinded by you. Again, I'm not a fan of his, but there may be better places to put this energy?

I’ll defer to your memory versus my old worn out one. Oh, I’ll look it up tomorrow and if I’m wrong, I’ll admit it. At least I’m not that stupid dude that lost and now has to shove a burrito up his hinny. I’ll just be ‘I was wrong’ and no need to violate my private parts. Idiot seeking likes.
Probably should've gone with blue font. Disclaimer: Kiffin's Krimson Korner it was not actually Lane Kiffin.

Instead of hating on Morgan and his musical direction of late or the errors in judgment in his personal life; I am here this AM to thank him for his loyalty and promotion of the Vols as well as for his personal perseverance in working through some self inflicted wounds.

He is a mega star known worldwide. Cringe if you want, but acknowledge he has the platform to promote the Big Orange brand worldwide - wherever he wants to take it - with the full endorsement of UT, players, coaches, administration and the general fan base. I want our homeboy doing what he is doing for the Vols.

You just said that you didn't read the article, and took offense to the headline that said that the strength of schedule won't matter. I think you're blinded by you. Again, I'm not a fan of his, but there may be better places to put this energy?
I’ve read plenty of his articles over the years. He doesn’t deserve the clicks anymore. I guess I see the snarkiness and you can’t, and you conveniently clipped off the subtitle where the snarkiness lies.

Didn’t have VN defending John Adams on my bingo card today but here we are!

Yeah it was frustrating. But I heard Hubbs say we got cute and had our 4th sting dline and 4th string LB’s in. Only once they crossed the 10 we put in our starters.
This is true. Folks can go back and rewatch. I do not know if they were 4th, 3rd or 2nd - but the subs were in on that drive until they got around the 10. The coaches could have called a time out at any point if they wanted to sub in the starters, but chose to wait.

Some folks are so focused on the score in a game we controlled that they forget the coaches are trying to develop depth against quality competition as well. The coaches know more than the general fanbase. The same folks that complain about score in a dominating win complain when we do not have subs ready to step in and play well when a starter is injured. I would advise them to learn the game before criticizing.

Interesting that ESPN has Arch Manning with better odds to win the Heisman than Quinn Ewers. Sarkisian already made the comment when Ewers abdominal strain healed he was going to be QB1 and Arch goes back to QB2.

Is that not precisely what the headline said as well? That it may not matter? I'm not a fan of his, but the outrage seems misplaced, and it seems to be hurting you a lot more than him.

View attachment 680300

That’s our culture today. Read headline, skip article, share outrage, then cancel the writer.

I know people don’t want to hear it but Adams has been nothing but positive on the Basilio show. In ‘22 he was calling for us to win a lot of games including Alabama. He says Heupel is our Spurrier. Let’s run Adams out of town for saying such blasphemies!

VN Store

Back