Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Man on Swain Event this morning Swain was alluding that Heard could have gone on Saturday but didn’t even go with the team to Oklahoma. If true, not a good look for him.
LMAO. "Muh cousin's friend's baby daddy saw Heard at Wingstop on Friday and he didn't have a walking boot on, so he's a team cancer" energy. Never change, local sports radio.

Hubbs on KO show says TN had to declare Heard as 'out,' due to new rules. They would have been fined had he not played and listed as questionable. Didnt make sense to bring him on trip.

Thinking about the secrecy around his recruitment, makes total sense everyone is grasping at straws. Huepel has the word out, cause he wants people guessing. The gag order was put out.

Everything else is just horse ****.
Morans👆🏻

Reactions: Newman and Vawlz
I just thought again about the OU field and cleats. Then about their guys that seemingly destroyed his ankle when his cleats got stuck in that abomination of field grass... Do we think that OU was willing to risk their players and our players to try to eke out a win Saturday? If so, that tells me two things.

Someone in leadership was desperate for a win.
That desperation means that even they were scared as hell of our team.
Occams razor. Their landscaping crew isn't good at their job. You see it every year somewhere.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Last edited:
He always has. I don’t know why some in our media want to pretend otherwise.
Who was it? I heard a player in an interview recently refer to Halzle calling the plays. Even if so, we can all assume that they go through Heupel and he will overrule at times.

To the specific quote in question: Heupel "pulling back" could simply be him telling Halzle to go basic and run the ball until further notice. Think of F1. The strategist changes the strategy, tells the driver's engineer, who directs the driver. Was it the strategist or the engineer that "pulled back"?

Reactions: Strateegery
Hubbs on KO show says TN had to declare Heard as 'out,' due to new rules. They would have been fined had he not played and listed as questionable. Didnt make sense to bring him on trip.

Thinking about the secrecy around his recruitment, makes total sense everyone is grasping at straws. Huepel has the word out, cause he wants people guessing. The gag order was put out.

Everything else is just horse ****.
It honestly wouldn't surprise me, given the conditions of the field, that he was advised not to play and risk further injury. The field was even worse the week before in the Tulane game. Just pure speculation, but honestly can't blame someone if they gave that advice to him. OU needs to get that field up to standard.

LMAO. "Muh cousin's friend's baby daddy saw Heard at Wingstop on Friday and he didn't have a walking boot on, so he's a team cancer" energy. Never change, local sports radio.
AP said exactly this on PC - Saturday

“Wake up, like you're 4-0. And so like, again, they weren't perfect. They've got two weeks to get better.

They've got to figure out some way to get John Campbell where he can play. Lance Hurd will be fine. He'll be back in two weeks.

I know I said that last week. He'll be back in two weeks. But I mean, like this is a team that's going to lean on their defense when they need to.”

From Volquest.com: Postgame Mini-Pod: Tennessee handles business on the road over Oklahoma, Sep 22, 2024

This material may be protected by copyright.

Listen, AP knows Josh Huepel, they eat lunch together people. Don't be naive. He tows the Company line. Learn to read between the lines. He wont betray anyone's trust.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me, given the conditions of the field, that he was advised not to play and risk further injury. The field was even worse the week before in the Tulane game. Just pure speculation, but honestly can't blame someone if they gave that advice to him. OU needs to get that field up to standard.
I said earlier, USC in 2022, OK in 2024. Teams should be fined for dangerous conditions. Bigger picture, leg injuries can be serious, like people may never walk correctly again with certain leg injuries. And its preventable.

Reactions: Brillovol
Didn’t even need to watch the video because I already assumed this. I honestly don’t care what the final score says, we dominated OK in every facet of the game.

Our defense was mean, fast and suffocating at every level. Never seen a TN in my 28 years that plays with the intensity of this one. Every play you have multiple guys flying to the ball like madmen.

On offense, it was nice to see us stick with the run game even though it wasn’t working until it did work. The yards eventually came but they weren’t easy yards. There was also several times that OKs field cost us some yards.

I don’t know about y’all, but my thinking is Heupel is going to be turning up the heat this week on our guys this week we're gonna come out swinging against Arkansas like we did at LSU in 2022.
I've seen Tennessee defenses that played with that kind of aggression and effort but this team is more talented than those.

Reactions: 25vol
If UT knew the field conditions before the game, shame on them for dressing out in those ineffective cleats.

Reactions: Volsurance

VN Store

Back