Recruiting Football Talk VIII

By chance if Texas goes undefeated in 1st year in SEC, Katie bar the door on the bragging and smack talk coming out of Austin, Texas.

They can thank Sankey for that cupcake (compared to everyone else) schedule he handed them. Oklahoma’s is much harder. Sankey maybe good with $ but he sure puts his finger on the scale when doing schedules.

This is true. Folks can go back and rewatch. I do not know if they were 4th, 3rd or 2nd - but the subs were in on that drive until they got around the 10. The coaches could have called a time out at any point if they wanted to sub in the starters, but chose to wait.

Some folks are so focused on the score in a game we controlled that they forget the coaches are trying to develop depth against quality competition as well. The coaches know more than the general fanbase. The same folks that complain about score in a dominating win complain when we do not have subs ready to step in and play well when a starter is injured. I would advise them to learn the game before criticizing.
We should be elated that this team can work on depth @ OU. lol

This is simple, Okie had a pathetic offense, Arky does not. I said we needed 33 points or more "to win COMFORTABLY".

We need our starting OTs out there...them not being out there was a problem.
Arkansas will be like the opossum at midnight. In the middle of the road, eyes glowing, and a F-150 running them down. We won't even need Clint Stoner.

I've really grown to like Willie Nelson, also really appreciate Kris Kristophersons song writing and always loved the Charlie Daniels Band.

Just a few more of add even though none of them are really country music But neither is Dwight Yoakam, also one of my favorites.
Dwight Yoakam is well known to be one of biggest aholes in Country. Same for Junior Brown.

Funny, i've been fortunate to meet Pam Tillis, Dierks Bentley, and drank a beer with Neal Mccoy. So down to Earth, and appreciative of people wanting to just talk. Like 'how ya doin man?' Just regular people.

Was always just a semi fan of Neal's. After that, ill always support the dude. Very genuine, much like Peyton. Seeks people out, engages, and doesnt throw around his celebrity.

It isnt rocket surgery here folks, you sing songs.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I just thought again about the OU field and cleats. Then about their guys that seemingly destroyed his ankle when his cleats got stuck in that abomination of field grass... Do we think that OU was willing to risk their players and our players to try to eke out a win Saturday? If so, that tells me two things.

Someone in leadership was desperate for a win.
That desperation means that even they were scared as hell of our team.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
JMO, but it should go: Texas, tOSU, OM, Tennessee. That should be the top 4. USF gave Alabama hell for 3 quarters. Georgia Barely scrapes by KY. We should be ahead of both.
I actually prefer to be ranked lower than uga and bama before our games.
After we beat each one, then they can drop in the polls. Much more satisfying.

16-0 🤠

That’s our culture today. Read headline, skip article, share outrage, then cancel the writer.

I know people don’t want to hear it but Adams has been nothing but positive on the Basilio show. In ‘22 he was calling for us to win a lot of games including Alabama. He says Heupel is our Spurrier. Let’s run Adams out of town for saying such blasphemies!
I think he’s a better radio personality than sports writer. His particular brand of snark plays better in audio form than in print.

Kudos for getting him on your show.

That’s our culture today. Read headline, skip article, share outrage, then cancel the writer.

I know people don’t want to hear it but Adams has been nothing but positive on the Basilio show. In ‘22 he was calling for us to win a lot of games including Alabama. He says Heupel is our Spurrier. Let’s run Adams out of town for saying such blasphemies!
He has plenty of opportunities to support the team. Even has opportunity to not be a dick. Time and again goes out if his way to say stupid ****.

Its one thing to call the defense, in example out for bad play. It is what it is? But to call OOC scheduling a joke. Maybe it is bad, but you're going out if your way to be a dick. For attention.

Reactions: Brillovol
NCST rumors that WR Noah Rogers is leaving the team

Lord we took NCST and Kent St soul
To quote @Ulysees E. McGill the young man is a quitter then if true.

Rogers started out at Ohio State got butthurt over playing time and transferred to home state to play for N.C.State now they're horrible and Rogers is thinking about taking his football and going home. MAYBE rumors run amuck all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrippieRedd
Man on Swain Event this morning Swain was alluding that Heard could have gone on Saturday but didn’t even go with the team to Oklahoma. If true, not a good look for him.

VN Store

Back