Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I will preface by saying I am not a fan of the guy Josh of this group because he has been overly skeptical at times about UT, but their model has us only losing to these teams based on current performances. Their model is current season data only and does not use FPI. I think our ceiling is directly connected to Heard and Campbell playing more.

OSU (they seem inflated due to schedule, but who knows)
TX
Miami

It has us beating Bama and UGA.

I will preface by saying I am not a fan of the guy Josh of this group because he has been overly skeptical at times about UT, but their model has us only losing to these teams based on current performances. Their model is current season data only and does not use FPI.

OSU (they seem inflated due to schedule, but who knows)
TX
Miami

It has us beating Bama and UGA.

I got us beating Alabama and Georgia as well.

I think they just have a crappy field. We have had one in the past. We didn't do it on purpose to mess with our opponents though. I don't think OU did it on purpose. I just think they need to fire their grounds crew and get someone that knows how to care for playing surfaces.
I do think they over watered and didn't mow to slow us down. They also did a pure rye, per Hubbs, who said it is known to be slick.

So according to AP, the program was under the impression that Heard would be available against OU, but he apparently didn’t want to wait until Saturday to test his ankle and decided to just stay home mid last week.

That would be a puzzling decision from a guy trying to get himself on draft boards to just stay home if he could’ve potentially played. Idk. Maybe he doesn’t want to risk a long term injury with only a year of eligibility left. I know that field wouldn’t have done him any favors.

Hopefully he’ll be back against Arkansas and we won’t have to think about it going forward.

Reactions: Volunteer821
So according to AP, the program was under the impression that Heard would be available against OU, but he apparently didn’t want to wait until Saturday to test his ankle and decided to just stay home mid last week.

That would be a puzzling decision from a guy trying to get himself on draft boards to just stay home if he could’ve potentially played. Idk. Maybe he doesn’t want to risk a long term injury with only a year of eligibility left. I know that field wouldn’t have done him any favors.

Hopefully he’ll be back against Arkansas and we won’t have to think about it going forward.
It is my understanding he may have medical advice independent of team.

just win.

Reactions: Brillovol and 25vol
Well good thing we played on a crappy field this past weekend cause we may need to get used to it. Getting a brand new field this week. Morgan Wallen concert I guess did more damage than expected. Was told they hope to have the new field laid by Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_0263.jpeg
    IMG_0263.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0267.jpeg
    IMG_0267.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0266.jpeg
    IMG_0266.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 18
Well good thing we played on a crappy field this past weekend cause we may need to get used to it. Getting a brand new field this week. Morgan Wallen concert I guess did more damage than expected. Was told they hope to have the new field laid by Friday.
At least we have over 2 weeks until we need it

Reactions: Volunteer821

VN Store

Back