Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Michigan will have to overpay by $1-3 million if they want an elite qb to go play for Sherrone Moore. They had a 1st rd pick at qb and threw it 8 times a game lol
You don't need a 3 million a year QB to run that offense...you absolutely have to get maulers all up and down the OL, and a great stable of tough running RBs.

They just can't have a QB that sucks...they need a solid smart game manager.

Reactions: knoxvol52
in my re watch of the game, both christian harrison and will brooks made a few fantastic plays in the open field that helped kill drives. Our secondary really played lights out that game beside the garbage time big play, which could have been worse if not for effort
Two DBs fell down on that play...if it's the one I'm thinking about. I couldn't understand how it got that loose until I saw that footage.

Randy, Donde and Danny locked in. Josh, Tony, Rick and Kim locked in. Entertainment district on campus at Neyland locked in. LNS expansion/improvements locked in.

Rocky Top you'll always be, home sweet home to me...
Don't forget Karen Weekly. Softball team is performing every year really well. Just hate that the Oklahoma is in conference, there softball team has won 4 WCWS National Championship in a row.🤦

I have some behind my house. At least I did have some. Caught my neighbor literally 50 yards behind my house, right in the middle of my property digging it up. I said wtf do you think you are doing? He said I didn't think you would mind. I said is it ok if I go to your property and start taking your ****? He said he'd leave.
Why didn't the dumbbutt just wait till you left?

You guys always lay an egg, but you also no longer have Brock HOF Bowers or Stetson Gamer Bennet. I will be at the edge of my seat to see how you play Bama. You will beat a lot of teams on talent. That is what pulled you ahead against Clemson. That was a battle until late.

For once in a very long time you face 3 teams with comparable talent.
They are a different team without Bowers. He was an automatic 3rd down conversion.
Question: do you guys want to be in the SEC championship game?

Let’s just say we are 11-1 at end of regular season. Would you rather play another sure playoff team in a SEC championship game, or get the extra week to recover after a 12 game season. I guess you’d get an extra week off compared to teams 5-12 if you won the SEC championship. If you lost, you could theoretically have an extra game than the team you are playing in the first round of the playoffs has to play. I can see a scenario where you lose SEC Championship and play the third place Big 10 team (or even 3rd SEC team) in first round of playoffs.

I can even see a scenario where the SEC champ game is a blowout and the loser drops below the 3rd place SEC team in the playoff seeding
Winning an SEC title is a big deal and in my mind winning the SEC is on the same level as winning the CFP. There’s the SEC and about five teams in the rest of the country that don’t suck.
So yeah, I wanna win the SEC.

I ran a quick script to determine each week's spread according to the current SP+ rankings...Spread uses a 2.5pt home adjustment after comparing the overall SP score.

Arkansas W 12.9
Florida W 18.1
Alabama L 2.3
Kentucky W 15.2
Mississippi State W 30.3
Georgia L 6.5
UTEP W 52.4
Vanderbilt W 22.0

According to this, Arkansas is our 3rd toughest remaining game. Behind uga & bama. followed by Kentucky, Florida, Vandy, Ms State, UTEP

VN Store

Back