Recruiting Football Talk VIII

3. James Pearce Jr., OLB, Tennessee*
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 243 | Prev. rank: 3

2024 stats through four games: 3 tackles, 0.5 sacks, 1 tackle for loss, 1 run stop

Tennessee spent the early part of the season rolling its opponents, limiting Pearce to 56 snaps over the team's first three games. But Pearce -- who is coming off a 10-sack season in 2023 -- saw plenty of action in Week 5, picking up a half-sack. I see a lot of speed off the edge, and he does a nice job mixing up his pass-rush moves to keep offensive tackles on their heels. Pearce could still add weight to his frame. But even at 243 pounds, he shows the ability to win with power. And when asked to help in run defense, he has the quickness to make plays in lateral pursuit.

3. James Pearce Jr., OLB, Tennessee*
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 243 | Prev. rank: 3

2024 stats through four games: 3 tackles, 0.5 sacks, 1 tackle for loss, 1 run stop

Tennessee spent the early part of the season rolling its opponents, limiting Pearce to 56 snaps over the team's first three games. But Pearce -- who is coming off a 10-sack season in 2023 -- saw plenty of action in Week 5, picking up a half-sack. I see a lot of speed off the edge, and he does a nice job mixing up his pass-rush moves to keep offensive tackles on their heels. Pearce could still add weight to his frame. But even at 243 pounds, he shows the ability to win with power. And when asked to help in run defense, he has the quickness to make plays in lateral pursuit.
Bru listed as #7 WR

I didn't mean to erase that on you. Thought maybe I was going on too much about it and had nuked it in time. But you clearly read it right.

What you say now is correct. My point is that Kirby always says the reason he wants home and away is hosting recruits. That's why I think y'all will keep at changing the hosting rule. I hope that fails. If it passes, my read is that Kirby will like the neutral field with home field benefits.

For now, I see it is two more years in Jax, followed likely by neutral site games in Tampa or somewhere else in FL (I forget where) and Atlanta. Neutral site games are not true road games, and that makes a difference in the toughest conference to play on the road. Oregon in Atlanta is not really a neutral site. But I did dig your home-and-away with ND. We've done that before, but not in a while.
This 100%. The sun in Kirby’s solar system is recruiting, so what helps him recruit is good and what hurts recruiting is bad.

Also, don’t underestimate the threat of leaving being a way to make Jacksonville pay more to the schools. But it’s mostly recruiting.

Why didn't the dumbbutt just wait till you left?
You know how people can be. I was sitting here on the couch one Saturday morning in the fall. I was watching GameDay, drinking my coffee just chilling. All of a sudden a huge boom came from my back yard. My back door is literally 100' from the wood line. It was a gun shot. Now keep in mind, my house is right in the middle of our 50 acres. It's a minimum of 1000' to any of our property lines. It scared the 💩 out of me. I jumped up an ran to the back door. Some moron was sitting on a log within a stones throw of my back door, squirrel hunting. He was baffled that I was upset about him hunting on our property. People don't respect other's property.

You know how people can be. I was sitting here on the couch one Saturday morning in the fall. I was watching GameDay, drinking my coffee just chilling. All of a sudden a huge boom came from my back yard. My back door is literally 100' from the wood line. It was a gun shot. Now keep in mind, my house is right in the middle of our 50 acres. It's a minimum of 1000' to any of our property lines. It scared the 💩 out of me. I jumped up an ran to the back door. Some moron was sitting on a log within a stones throw of my back door, squirrel hunting. He was baffled that I was upset about him hunting on our property. People don't respect other's property.
I quit throwing cans in your pond.

You're welcome

The big question is, did he kill the squirrel?

Reactions: Volunteer821
We ain't had opponents in here in a while. Those damn UF fans that used to like to gloat sure seemed to dissappear. Or maybe I left their operating space. 99 was a condescending d wad. Would love to copy/paste some old posts for their current circumstances.

I knew there was something thatI liked about you.

VN Store

Back