Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I do have to admit that Nico getting Heisman hype this season is a bit surprising, I think he’s been good but he hasn’t had a game yet this year where you look and say “yes that is the top player in the country.”

Reactions: Butch Jones
Unrelated, rewatching the NC State game a bit as I start cutting highlights from it...

The INT Nico tossed was a bad play call and a worse decision.

We had just 2 WRs running routes against their 3 man front, NC State dropped everyone in zone and didn't blitz... we kept 2 TEs and the RB in for pass protection. Nico should have either ran or thrown it away and move to the next play.
Even with that information, he threw the pass just a little too high for his receiver to catch. Otherwise, he was right on the money with that pass.

Learning experience that didn’t change the outcome of the game. JMO

Darn you people. All this talk about weight loss. I skipped the chips and quac at Chipotle.
how-dare-you.gif

I do have to admit that Nico getting Heisman hype this season is a bit surprising, I think he’s been good but he hasn’t had a game yet this year where you look and say “yes that is the top player in the country.”
Tells you all you need to know about the award. It's a popularity contest.

He hasn’t had to be which is a great thing.

Dylan Sampson should be getting more hype for the heisman at this point.

Reactions: JCVol00

I don't think anyone has set themselves apart yet. I'd have to give it to Jeanty from Boise if it were awarded today. I think the QBs or star players at all of the top teams are considered right now. Milroe may take a lead this weekend if he has a nice game against Georgia.

Reactions: JCVol00
Cam Ward of Miami will be playing on ESPN tonight . Miami vs Virginia Tech I believe.
I don't think anyone has set themselves apart yet. I'd have to give it to Jeanty from Boise if it were awarded today. I think the QBs or star players at all of the top teams are considered right now. Milroe may take a lead this weekend if he has a nice game against Georgia.

Reactions: Butch Jones
Nico’s played about as well as can be expected at this point. Of the 4 games, he didn’t play in two second half’s and we turtled the third. Only one bad turnover.

There’s been some plays where you’d like to see him get rid of the ball earlier or slide sooner, but most of his mistakes look like inexperience to me.

The team around him has been so dominant he just hasn’t had to put up Heisman numbers.

Why such low passing numbers I wonder?
Boomer Sooner as far as that one's concerned.
He’s doing great. We are a very balanced offense. People think we are air raid. Also he’s played only two games until the 4th quarter and two games he hasn’t played past halftime. Heupel is playing to win games not pad Nico’s stats and he said a sky h when he dialed it back in the second half against Oklahoma. Think about that for second… how far have we come that we are trusting our defense for a whole half on the road at a blue bloods venue.

On the flip side if this Lane Kiffin is doing the opposite. He’s letting Jaxson Dart over inflate his stats every game.
It blows my mind how many people and talking heads think our offense is air-raid. The are totally ignorant.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

VN Store

Back