Recruiting Football Talk VIII

It takes a long time for that stuff to grow too, doesn't it?
Yes...the old timers are really pissed because the idiot scum methheads are going out and digging up everything, little 2 and 3 prongs before they even drop their berries....it is absolutely destroying the resource here.

They really good ones do theor best to keep big patches secret, but there are so many druggie scum out there combing the mountains that it is almost impossible.

A guy here in Harlan told me that he had a patch that he had been harvesting 5 prongs from for years, but somebody found it and dug up ALL of them even the tiny ones.

The scum are stupid..they justify it with the attitude that if they don't get it, someone else will, so they might as well be the ones to take it all.

Yes...the old timers are really pissed because the idiot scum methheads are going out and digging up everything, little 2 and 3 prongs before they even drop their berries....it is absolutely destroying the resource here.

They really good ones do theor best to keep big patches secret, but there are so many druggie scum out there combing the mountains that it is almost impossible.

A guy here in Harlan told me that he had a patch that he had been harvesting 5 prongs from for years, but somebody found it and dug up ALL of them even the tiny ones.

The scum are stupid..they justify it with the attitude that if they don't get it, someone else will, so they might as well be the ones to take it all.
I'd like to get a pass to take as much as I can find from the Smokies. I bet you could get rich on a season if you know where to find it. . . but I'm sure it gets poached in the Smokies, so it's probably hard to find there too.

They haven't been good for quite a while and still manage to beat us. Even with Hooker we needed a miracle catch from Keyton to beat them, and they lost 7 games that year.
You would think people would understand the sentiment...it's obvious why there is such trepidation, we have been beaten by several dog💩 Florida teams over the last 15 years.

Reactions: Glitch
You would think people would understand the sentiment...it's obvious why there is such trepidation, we have been beaten by several dog💩 Florida teams over the last 15 years.
That's because Tennessee had a bad coach in most of those years. Dooley, Jones and Pruitt.🤦🤦🤦🤦

I look towards the future not dwell on the past.

Florida recruits itself by name, they just need a HC with a pulse at the controls.
The one thing that's changing about FL is the number of D1 options that exist in the state now. With UCF and USF both improving and Miami being a relevant contender again and FSU just one year removed from an undefeated regular season. It's not like it was when Spurrier and pope Urban were there.

Reactions: Glitch
I'd like to get a pass to take as much as I can find from the Smokies. I bet you could get rich on a season if you know where to find it. . . but I'm sure it gets poached in the Smokies, so it's probably hard to find there too.
It's a felony...I have a client from Middlesboro that got several years for digging roots in Cumberland Gap National Historic Park.

It blows my mind that illegal immigramts can get away with literally everything in these idiot sanctuary cities, but a guy does years for digging up Ginseng in a National Park.

This world has gone insane.

But I'm sure people do it, and I'm not sure if they give out permits for Ginseng, but they might 🤷‍♂️ I do know it's a felony if you don't have permission.

What is everyone’s thoughts on Nico? So far in the SEC, Nico is:
7th in attempts
6th in completions
5th in completion %
6th in yards
3rd in avg
Tied for 6th in TDs
4th QB rating

Nico is throwing for about 223 yards per game. Which puts him on pace to have about 2600 yards passing. As far as passing TDs, he is on pace for about 24. He has 117 yards rushing and 1 rushing TD. That’s good for about 29 yards per game. Which would put him on pace for about 350 yards rushing total.

So is Nico about where you thought he would be? Better? Or worse?

He's been more effective then I was expecting at this point but his decision making hasn't been as good as I was expecting. He's making a good # of mistakes and still getting it done (10 yards per attempt!) due to his physical talent.

He's more accurate than I was expecting throwing into tight windows while consistently hitting receivers in stride and throwing a very catchable ball. He may be the best in college football at this. He's also harder to tackle then I was expecting, Dobbs-style elusive.

On the downside he's a little slow on his reads and at times he's made the wrong reads. There was a video posted here on the Oklahoma game earlier in the week that showed some of the reads he missed and you got a sense for how many yards he left on the field.

When his reads improve he'll be unstoppable. I suspect even now he could take over a game against a good defense if needed but against Oklahoma he didn't need to. On balance, I'm definitely more excited after watching him for 4 games then I was going into the season.

I'd say B+ for performance and A++ for potential.

VN Store

Back