Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Yea, not so sure about 'free market works'. If this leads to an even more uneven system with a few powerhouses and a vast majority of second tier teams, that's not a good system. Hopefully, the end result is a competitive landscape across many teams where players largely are committed to a school and not just available to the highest bidder. Mostly, I'm about results and what makes college athletics optimally entertaining for the fans and yes, good for all involved parties. There's a reason over the years that I've become less and less interested in Pro Sports. Players leave at the drop of a hat. Owners could care less about the fans. Owner gets a better deal or taxpayers refuse to fork over millions, and said owner flees to Baltimore.
As opposed to what? Bama, UGA, Ohio State ran herd for decades whilst “protecting student athletes”. Clemson broke into that club but are suddenly destitute? No one has ever paid out what they couldn’t and that’s not going to change. I call bolsch on some of the programs claiming poverty. They seem to have enough to lure/retain HCs, high caliber OCs/DCs and recruiters. Now you have to pay your stars…boo hoo. I generally don’t make declarations, but here’s one: We’ll still be having this conversation a decade from now and the PRODUCT will still be there to discuss. The only difference will be a decade of cautionary tales and doors to not enter for full reflection. All the professional leagues had their “I’ll never be back!” fan backlash and all set revenue records because…the free market works.

How many tickets and what seats ? Hope you don't mind me asking. GBO 🍊
Two. Terrace. 50 yard line.

Used to come with very close parking (last season was G10), but we got demoted about 6 lots without warning or explanation.

And after losing the deduction for the "donation", reducing the cost by selling tickets to one or two of the best games is no longer viable. You end up double taxed, adding further insult.

Last edited:
Gruden will take over when Heup goes to Oklahoma. JMO
I’m late, but just gonna assume that shortly after this post, your boat mistakenly strayed into the Bermuda Triangle and was lost. 😡

We finally get an awesome football coach and he is going to retire here. When he went back to oklahoma as the HC of Tennessee, he is very thankful for the opportunity that he has at Tennessee. He realizes that he has the chance to be the offensive version of General Neyland! Rocky Top is in his soul now.

Two. Terrace. 50 yard line.

Used to come with very close parking (last season was G10), but we got demoted about 6 lots without warning or explanation.

And after losing the deduction for the "donation", reducing the cost by selling tickets to one or two of the best games is no longer viable. You end up double taxed, adding further insult.
That does suck. I wish you could keep those seats.

Reactions: volsagain
Any morans in the National Guard? Sounds like they are calling some out to help in TN and NC.

Was watching the CBS national news and the lead story was the rescue of the folks on top of the hospital in Erwin. Did not have that on the bingo card for today.
Isnt Glitch in NG? May be in the Reserves.

Does Tennessee media team credit the songs they use in their video tweets? Some of the rap songs are fire and I’m not a rap guy so I never know what they are.

@peaygolf
Crazy God and golf story:
Based on your advice I have been trying to get several guys selling Rife putters to respond with no luck.
Seperately, I went to buy a used golf bag in my area. Guy asks me how i know a HS friend of his. Ended up being the pastor that baptized me and married me. Then he asks me if i need clubs too. I tell him i need a putter. He has some crummy ones and i mention on your advice i was looking for something a little nicer. He ends up selling me a taylormade daddy longlegs for 50 that likely should have sold for 100. Then because we are talking i realize he's the guy that was running a bike ministry in the basement of the house I do scouts in. I told him I always wanted to meet him to thank him because I had "borrowed" his tools to fix stuff for the youth and scouts.

God is good and the world is small.

Thanks for your advice.

Last edited:
I love our coach...we are blessed to have him...he is just an all around great guy, which is so ironic considering how stone cold he is on the field....he is just ruthless.

Most people that are that ruthless as a competitor are garbage human beings...he is a really unique person.

I think he was born to he a Tennessee Volunteer...it just took him a long time to get here.
Think Trey Smith. He’s brutal on the field and a really nice guy everywhere else.

I feel like I have neglected y’all.

16-0 🤠

Any morans in the National Guard? Sounds like they are calling some out to help in TN and NC.

Was watching the CBS national news and the lead story was the rescue of the folks on top of the hospital in Erwin. Did not have that on the bingo card for today.
My son is, but he's in basic. My cousin also is in TN though so I will have to check with him.

VN Store

Back