Recruiting Football Talk VIII

If I'm guessing the next AP poll, Texas stays #1. Bama jumps to #2. Ohio State is #3 and we are #4. Depending on what they do tonight, Oregon could jump to #5. Would not surprise me if Georgia only dropped to #6. Miami at #7.
Miami should drop after barely beating a very meh VT team and needing zebra help to do it at that. They probably won't, but they should.

Georgia stopped rushing Milroe in the second half mostly because it was ineffective and secondly their DE/LBs didn’t contain the outside…the first half was the worst I have ever seen a Kirby coached Defense play. Their inability to rush the passer and contain the outside shows the difference in our defense and theirs. There is no way you rush 5 against Bama and not expect to get a hand on Milroe either because you didn’t contain a rush lane or because your team just got manhandled in pass pro…

Main reason Kirby was able to contain it was because of the Joe's he had on the DLine. Penetrated/stymied the middle of our OLine (when we had Hooker). Wasn't anything schematically he necessarily did besides taking the deep threat away but Hooker had an off game and our OLine got beat a nice bit. I think this may be the year we have a real chance at beating them if Nico continues to improve and the OLine can hold up their end. Obviously, think our defense is good enough. Last year, Joe Milton wasn't beating them.
Umm, constant DB holding and PI that wasn’t called. Kirby even admitted that was his entire game plan to stop our passing offense. He said that they were going to do it until they were penalized. The SEC made sure that they didn’t get flagged for often flagrant DB holding… it was ridiculous. 😡

Miami should drop after barely beating a very meh VT team and needing zebra help to do it at that. They probably won't, but they should.
Three top 10 teams lost yesterday. If not for that, they might fall. They still could. I think Oregon jumps them. Not so sure that Penn State or Mizzou will.

Reactions: Glitch
Guys and Gal

The devastation in Erwin and Asheville is truly other worldly.

I know we all have financial demands, and if you arent part of this community you may not feel a sense of attachment.
View attachment 681935
Asheville

Erwin

The areas impacted by this flooding, are generally not well to do. Therefore, loss od property as well as the places work is going to impact them for years.

We gave because it truly is a disaster. Samaritans Purse is based in Boone. They are offering a local response to both areas.

Not a guilt trip. Give what you can, if you feel compelled. Just know, what is being reported is true, and probably worse.

There are towns in NC that no longer exist:

I have a buddy who grew up in Burnsville. There is practically no Burnsville right now

For those compelled and able to donate to relief efforts, read these, then give. I’m still looking for a good option to help east tn and west nc directly since they are not prepared for this like those in Florida should be.

Avoid Scams

Tips for Giving

Helene related funds (national)

For those compelled and able to donate to relief efforts, read these, then give. I’m still looking for a good option to help east tn and west nc directly since they are not prepared for this like those in Florida should be.

We gave to Samaritan's Purse, based in Boone. However, will absolutely be giving to local Churches & folks in facebook who are driving to these locations.

VN Store

Back