Recruiting Football Talk VIII

We gave to Samaritan's Purse, based in Boone. However, will absolutely be giving to local Churches & folks in facebook who are driving to these locations.
Be really careful giving to people directly that you don’t personally know or to anything you see through social media.

I’d like to find one that isn’t church affiliated and will support east tn and/or west nc, as they don’t live in an area where this is a normal environmental hazard. If you come across one please tag me in a comment with the link. Samaritans Purse may be my backup option.

Last edited:
For those compelled and able to donate to relief efforts, read these, then give. I’m still looking for a good option to help east tn and west nc directly since they are not prepared for this like those in Florida should be.

Avoid Scams

Tips for Giving

Helene related funds (national)
Not sure why not churches?

Has to do with if any of my donation goes to overhead as opposed to victims directly. I am Jewish so I’d rather that money, however small, go to a religious agnostic organization.
Not trying to be a dick, but agnostic organizations have as much or more overhead as religious ones. Seems silly to me, but that is just my opinion.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Not trying to be a dick, but agnostic organizations have as much or more overhead as religious ones. Seems silly to me, but that is just my opinion.
Well nobody asked you, and you damn well know the reasoning and where this line of commentary is headed, so yeah you kinda are being a dick. And you’re smart enough to know it’s not about overhead but what the overhead supports so don’t try to claim ignorance.

In interest of abiding by forum guidelines/rules, can we not turn his simple question into y’all proselytizing me over my views and values that religious based proselytism is wrong? Been there done that here. Thanks.

Officially done with the “spooky rocky top” song.
Every time I get on TikTok now it’s just a video of the all the storm damage with that song attached.

***** so played out at this point.
My question to you.... why as a grown, heterosexual male, are you on TikTok?

There are people missing. People's loved ones need accounted for. See no issue with people vetting where their money goes.

I was questioning his line of reasoning for not giving to Churches, not attacking.

Giving is about where it's coming from and going. Not how it gets there (unless its a devil worshiping cult, I would have issue with that).

Reactions: vol_in_ga

VN Store

Back