Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I live where there's no cable. We relied on Dish network and DSL for our internet. During covid my son was at UT and he was having to do at-home learning. Our internet was so bad that it was almost impossible for him to do his work. We had to Hotspot from our phones which wasn't good either.

Multiple calls to the phone company did no good. The problem was In the physical lines and they had no intention on fixing them. I finally got on the list for Starlink. It was supposed to take 6 months. It took nearly two years. About the time we were notified that the equipment was on its way, the phone company notified us that fiber was on its way as well. Fiber being $45/month vs Starlink at $100. I decided to go the fiber route as it was less money and was 500mbs vs 100mbs.

Anyway, my point in telling this is that I've kept the Starlink equipment. You can turn Starlink on and off with your phone app. No shutoff fees or reconnect fees. You just have to pay for the entire month you're connected. If I ever find myself in a situation like these folks are, I can power up the Starlink and have immediate high-speed internet. Obviously, I have to have power which would be a generator or one of these inverter style power supplies. If you are in a place where you could lose power and communication, it might be worth investing in a Starlink setup. You can find them on marketplace fairly inexpensive.

Long night finally made it back home. Had to evacuate with my mother from her house in Newport. Now the water is turned off because during all the flooding somehow the water supply got contaminated. Now no water for at least 3 days and my back is killing me from sleeping on a hard ass bed.🥴
Glad your moms ok

VN Store

Back