Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Top guy is getting Heisman buzz, hopefully Dylan has a couple huge games over these next 3.

View attachment 682259

Florida and Arkansas are in the bottom half of the SEC in rushing defense. I'd love to see a 200+ game with 2+ rushing TDs against both.
Yes. And put a stop to the third ranked guy there. 💪

As we all know, college football is more than just a game. My dad is in his late 70s, has cancer, and doesn’t have a lot of energy. He typically goes to bed early. I talked to my mom a few days after the Oklahoma win. She said, “Your dad stayed up and watched that whole game THEN he watched all that after talk they do. The next day he watched more of that talk and then a replay of the game.”

I could tell just from what she said it was an important win to him after all these years of disappointment. I’m thankful for that. I did talk to him about it later and he’s obviously excited about the season.
1727719395378.gif

70% of Judge HRs would only go out in Yankee Stadium over the short RF porch huh? Got a link to that?
I had to look this up. Not a Yankees fan by any means. I saw a highlight package of all 58 HR's. 5 of them were probably the benefit of being in Yankee Stadium. Looks like the LC/C/RC dimensions there are not short, so anything other than straight RF is legit. He hit some bombs this year.

So because I was intrigued, per the expected HR stat on baseball savant, Judges HR totals for 2024 per home park are as follows:

BAL: 54
BOS: 49
NYY: 57 (his home park)
TB: 50
TOR: 56
CHW: 57
CLE: 56
DET: 49
KC: 45
MIN: 53
HOU: 53
LAA: 62
OAK: 50
SEA: 53
TEX: 52
ATL: 50
MIA: 49
NYM: 55
PHI: 61
WAS: 62
CHC: 49
CIN: 70
MIL: 64
PIT: 50
STL: 53
ARI: 51
COL: 59
LAD: 63
SD: 51
SF: 53

So, by the actual numbers, Judge would have more HRs in a quarter of MLB ballpark than Yankee stadium. He's obviously mistaken.
Yea it was an incredibly stupid thing to actually type out, and hit post on.

Doesn’t even begin to pass the smell test. The idea that for any player, 70% would only be out in one park…

What is going on in Cincinnati lol?

Reactions: rikberry31
I had to look this up. Not a Yankees fan by any means. I saw a highlight package of all 58 HR's. 5 of them were probably the benefit of being in Yankee Stadium. Looks like the LC/C/RC dimensions there are not short, so anything other than straight RF is legit. He hit some bombs this year.
Yea, if he was a left handed hitter, poking balls over the short porch - maybe….

But it’s Aaron Judge. He hits 450 bombs at a pretty good clip lol.

70% is so insanely silly.

Top guy is getting Heisman buzz, hopefully Dylan has a couple huge games over these next 3.

View attachment 682259

Florida and Arkansas are in the bottom half of the SEC in rushing defense. I'd love to see a 200+ game with 2+ rushing TDs against both.
He's got a lot of ground to make up if he wants to catch Jeanty unfortunately.

Sampson is plenty great though!

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Too many for the BIG 10 lol

I hope that doesn’t mean capped at 4. This year for instance UT, Tex, Bama, and UGA are clearly the top 4 but Missouri (schedule) and Ole Miss could argue and I’d hate to have a similar year where we go 10-2 against the schedule and some 11-1 Missouri gets in or 10-2 Iowa because the Big 10 has to have four. Seems dumb to me.

VN Store

Back