Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I am so sad...several of my favorite places are just destroyed. Especially Chimney Rock/Lake Lure and Damascus Virginia...I am heartbroken for the locals that lost everything, and us occasional visitors that cherished and loved those places.

Is @Devo182 OK?...I haven't been in here much the last couple of days.

Yes, alive and well.

What a hellscape. Luckily downtown is on top of a hill more or less, so we avoided major flooding. Biltmore Village and River Arts District below got the brunt in our area. Total devastation.

We went out of power noon Friday. Woke up Saturday without water and immediately went into survival mode. But no stores from north asheville to south were open, no power. Then we heard every way out of town was blocked by some sort of catastrophe. The county's backup water was cut off, being in Swannanoa (totally devastated). Supplies couldn't reach us. That was the low point.

Luckily breweries and the World [something] Kitchen (nonprofit) were there dishing out all the free food they could. That was great to see. Water finally arrived Monday. Focus has been on search and rescue, as it should be.

Roads to TN finally opened up and we got back to ktown last night. Will return Sunday hopefully to power, but no water for a couple more weeks.

It was something awful, but with the fatalaties and total destruction of homes, businesses, no doubt many lost loved ones and pets and the not knowing of their fates...all I could feel those days was gratefulness.

Thanks for checking in. Appreciate it.

Felt bad for the young 21 year old pitcher for the Braves last night. Don't believe he should've been on the bump but I guess the Manager had no other choice.
Yeah, Sale having to scratch really threw a wrench in things once again. However, they gave up 4 runs. If your offense can’t even muster one run, then it doesn’t matter.

Yeah, Sale having to scratch really threw a wrench in things once again. However, they gave up 4 runs. If your offense can’t even muster one run, then it doesn’t matter.
this.

I think Snit is an above average manager. He also won a WS. However, more damning is the absolute barren wasteland in their ML system. Upper brass should be served notice. That one WS Title does not expunge this season. Injuries happen. Not preparing and being ready for the future is in them.

Yes, alive and well.

What a hellscape. Luckily downtown is on top of a hill more or less, so we avoided major flooding. Biltmore Village and River Arts District below got the brunt in our area. Total devastation.

We went out of power noon Friday. Woke up Saturday without water and immediately went into survival mode. But no stores from north asheville to south were open, no power. Then we heard every way out of town was blocked by some sort of catastrophe. The county's backup water was cut off, being in Swannanoa (totally devastated). Supplies couldn't reach us. That was the low point.

Luckily breweries and the World [something] Kitchen (nonprofit) were there dishing out all the free food they could. That was great to see. Water finally arrived Monday. Focus has been on search and rescue, as it should be.

Roads to TN finally opened up and we got back to ktown last night. Will return Sunday hopefully to power, but no water for a couple more weeks.

It was something awful, but with the fatalaties and total destruction of homes, businesses, no doubt many lost loved ones and pets and the not knowing of their fates...all I could feel those days was gratefulness.

Good deal...glad you're ok

Yes, alive and well.

My sister is in South Asheville. Just got power back a day or two ago, but told water is still a few weeks away.

Day 2 Bets - I have locked in Liverpool. Lots of interesting options. I almost jumped on South Africa vs Ireland in game Cricket. Lots of good tennis options as well. Even some darts and handball for those who really like to risk it all LOL

What did you lock in?

this.

I think Snit is an above average manager. He also won a WS. However, more damning is the absolute barren wasteland in their ML system. Upper brass should be served notice. That one WS Title does not expunge this season. Injuries happen. Not preparing and being ready for the future is in them.
No team in baseball can bounce back from the injuries that they had happen this year. I am honestly shocked they made the playoffs. They only played 1 game with their opening day roster fully healthy and that is just crazy to think about. You are not going to replace a strider, acuna, riley from your farm system no matter how well you plan.

VN Store

Back