Recruiting Football Talk VIII

flirted with doctoral programs, never did. the amount of work involved, debt to income, and ROI just didnt make sense, in a short term scenario.

microscopically, the sacrifices are real. unless you come from a well to do family, finances are not ideal. but you come out on other side, better, more well educated etc.

anyone who throws shade at post graduate accomplishment, havent been through the wringer. congrats sir, well deserved.

Go Vols.
100%. I thought about pursuing a PhD program after I got my Masters. I just couldn't justify the financial and time sacrifices to my family. I respect the folks who continue down that path.

How much do you bet each time?
Started at about $10-$12. I've been doing +700 bets though, so $12 wins about $100.

Generally it's 3 team parlays, maybe 4. Last one was UT over 16.5 points in the 1st half + UT -6.5 + florida -6.5 + 1 more team for +750 odds.

Next one will be about a $50 bet to pay a total of $400ish. Then a $100 bet the next week to pay about $850. I only bet about 1/3 or 1/4 of the winnings, that way I have a surplus of 2-3 extra bets on each level.

If I lose 2 in a row, I drop back down a $ level. . .

this.

I think Snit is an above average manager. He also won a WS. However, more damning is the absolute barren wasteland in their ML system. Upper brass should be served notice. That one WS Title does not expunge this season. Injuries happen. Not preparing and being ready for the future is in them.
Fans clamor for trades and trades require ASSETS. Farm got thinned in efforts to upgrade winning. Fans love to impose standards but don’t have accountability in their whimsical fantasies. Also disagree with your “barren wasteland” assessment. They have a bevy of prospects a season or two away. Qualifying for the postseason with a medical ward of talent unavailable shows how great a roster builder AA is. Hope Liberty Media gives him a percentage of the team to retain him. Line forms to the left of franchises desiring his magic touch.

Yes, alive and well.

What a hellscape. Luckily downtown is on top of a hill more or less, so we avoided major flooding. Biltmore Village and River Arts District below got the brunt in our area. Total devastation.

We went out of power noon Friday. Woke up Saturday without water and immediately went into survival mode. But no stores from north asheville to south were open, no power. Then we heard every way out of town was blocked by some sort of catastrophe. The county's backup water was cut off, being in Swannanoa (totally devastated). Supplies couldn't reach us. That was the low point.

Luckily breweries and the World [something] Kitchen (nonprofit) were there dishing out all the free food they could. That was great to see. Water finally arrived Monday. Focus has been on search and rescue, as it should be.

Roads to TN finally opened up and we got back to ktown last night. Will return Sunday hopefully to power, but no water for a couple more weeks.

It was something awful, but with the fatalaties and total destruction of homes, businesses, no doubt many lost loved ones and pets and the not knowing of their fates...all I could feel those days was gratefulness.

Thanks for checking in. Appreciate it.
Glad you and your family are well. Prayers continue for the entire region.

VN Store

Back