Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I would say more than 50% of the ones I know, particularly with cost of living what it is now. If a single earner didn't make at least $50,000-60,000 with paid off house they would struggle. Do you know women who typically earn $80,000 plus?! I don't
You take rent or mortgage out of your budget and apply a fraction of that for property taxes and home insurance? That’s pretty high living on $30 k per year.

August 8, 1988

I'm not a fan of Rap music today..........it sucks........
But this era of rap ('88-'90) was the golden age and this album started it all..................and their Live show was amazing...........

On August 8, 1988, hip hop group N.W.A launch their debut album, Straight Outta Compton. The recording, which would go triple platinum, revolutionized the hip hop genre, bringing a harder-edged, more profane "gangsta" rap to a wide audience.

The release of Straight Outta Compton marks a critical turning point in the history of hip hop, which was a booming global phenomenon in 1988 but still hadn’t strayed far from its roots as party music. Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five had established hip hop’s potential for social commentary with their epic single “The Message” in 1983, but Straight Outta Compton offered something far less measured and polite than one usually associates with the word “commentary.” The album’s first three tracks alone—“Straight Outta Compton,” “**** Tha Police” and “Gangsta Gangsta”—may have contained more explicit language and incendiary subject matter than every previous hip hop record combined, and it contained nothing like a didactic “message.” It may not have been the first recorded example of Gangsta rap—Schooly D and Ice-T mined similar territory somewhat earlier—but Straight Outta Compton is the album that introduced it to the mainstream.

View attachment 665620
NWA had something to say. The majority of what is out now doesn’t. It’s empty headed stuff that breaks down to bragging about money, women, and everything else. The rest is party stuff. Which is fine every era needs some of that but the heavy weights that forced listeners to think about hard topics are gone. What remains is mostly dedicated to mindless fun.

You take rent or mortgage out of your budget and apply a fraction of that for property taxes and home insurance? That’s pretty high living on $30 k per year.
Kids? Car? Vacation? Water heater goes out, new roof, crawl space leak? Man, it goes in a hurry. You think they're lowering property taxes anytime soon!? I'm a skeleton waiting on that to happen. I'd say family of three grocery bill is $600-800 month now. You'd be pinching pennies on 30k a year IMO.

I'm guessing your mom and dad never explained the birds and the bees to you. I think @Ulysees E. McGill needs to do that.
Shocked Baby GIFs | Tenor

I would say more than 50% of the ones I know, particularly with cost of living what it is now. If a single earner didn't make at least $50,000-60,000 with paid off house they would struggle. Do you know women who typically earn $80,000 plus?! I don't
I live in Nashville and I know several women that make over $80,000 year. In fact I had 3 that worked for me.

I do; I did track at a power 4 school. Trying to compare jumping up and down pre-race to actually running a race at world class level is quite comical. I’m not going to have a pissing contest about who watches more track or my knowledge about track. You dont know if he needed to be wheeled out, you arent a world class athlete lmao. Funny how an average joe knows what’s best for professional athletes. Stop being a casual…
If someone was so sick they needed to be wheeled out, they wouldn't have been jumping up and down beforehand.

You are right, you're more experienced at track than I am. I watch more than 99% of people, but you're not in that group. I can tell you're not lying because you have the typical "I played x sport in college so everyone else is a casual" attitude common to meathead athletes.

And my other favorite, "you couldn't throw a ball 20 yards/you're not a world class athlete, so you're not allowed to weigh in on anything related to those sports. Only those of us who played could possibly know things."

Ummm yes, lots of women I know earn more than that. But I do think that's way higher a figure than is needed for someone with no housing payment outside of major cities.

VN Store

Back