Recruiting Football Talk VIII

A lot of football left to play in the season for the SEC and things could get spicy over the next 3-4 weeks. LSU and TAMU could F some things up...We need some dominos to fall to help us out and we need to take care of business and either beat GA, keep it close/respectable (10pts), and win the rest of our games. Vandy at Candy makes me a bit nervous. They will be playing with their hair on fire. That may very well be an ugly win.
I like that Ga has to play FL and at Ole miss before they play us... hard to get up for the Vols after two physical games. We CANNOT take kensucky kroger coal miners for granted. We go dark mode at night on halloween week and we should obliterate them... should...

Heck, TX AT Vandy could be close the first half. Commode's don't give a flying F at this point... playing with house money which is dangerous.

Reactions: Checker_the_Shire
I have been told that Saban did not allow anyone to talk to him in the office without an appointment. He would enter staff meetings right on time to start and was the first to leave at end of meeting. People did not speak to him unless he spoke to you first. Not sure how strict this was, but former player told a friend of mine that he was very personable and available as long as you scheduled to meet him or he initiated conversation. Very driven and scheduled which are not bad at all.
Eh, I think Saban can be Saban. Expecting someone else to be Saban could be a recipe for disaster. They didn't hire DeBoer b/c he is Saban. They hired him because of what he's done as him.

A lot of football left to play in the season for the SEC and things could get spicy over the next 3-4 weeks. LSU and TAMU could F some things up...We need some dominos to fall to help us out and we need to take care of business and either beat GA, keep it close/respectable (10pts), and win the rest of our games. Vandy at Candy makes me a bit nervous. They will be playing with their hair on fire. That may very well be an ugly win.
I like that Ga has to play FL and at Ole miss before they play us... hard to get up for the Vols after two physical games. We CANNOT take kensucky kroger coal miners for granted. We go dark mode at night on halloween week and we should obliterate them... should...

Heck, TX AT Vandy could be close the first half. Commode's don't give a flying F at this point... playing with house money which is dangerous.
Georgia game will come down to our defense vs theirs. Kirby will have them jacked, but I believe Sampson has his usual 2nd half and Nico has more talent than Beck. Will be a head banger type of game, and I’m riding with our defense.

Eh, I think Saban can be Saban. Expecting someone else to be Saban could be a recipe for disaster. They didn't hire DeBoer b/c he is Saban. They hired him because of what he's done as him.
The way Alabama fans are reacting now shows why it's a bad idea to follow and legend.

The way Alabama fans are reacting now shows why it's a bad idea to follow and legend.
I think it's about the instinct among certain types of people to always be climbing. Alabama is a better job than Washington, so being the coach at Alabama must mean it's better than being the coach at UW. Except it isn't always that simple.

DeBoer wasn't hurting for money at Washington. He could've made a long, comfortable career there -- and maybe he will at Alabama! It's early yet. It just feels so risky to try to follow someone the caliber of Saban. That fanbase won't be patient.

That is, they won't be patient until they've been beaten into submission, which I hope is what happens over the next several years. They've earned it.

More or less how I felt. I didn't think Heupel would be this good, but I felt with his offensive credentials he'd make us fun to watch.
Like a few posters already posted, I was numb at the point of the hire. We’d been through so many coaching changes in our wilderness, I just wanted to see a pulse in anywhere. I didn’t know much about Heupel when he was hired and didn’t post about it because I didn’t know and waited. I’m the rah rah (that was for SAS) type of fan and will always support.

Saban is the greatest college football coach of all time. There is only a very, very small chance Deboer will be as good as him, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to be awful.

However, being only really, really good (9-11 wins a year) will likely get him fired in 3 years at Alabama because they are dumb.

VN Store

Back