Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Worst of all, didn't the officials give Bama a preposterous spot and gift them with a first down there?

good player on a bad team Travion Barnes at FIU-- will probably get picked up by a nice team in the portal

I know people don't like the transfer portal but I think it creates a better product for us fans. Guys like Jermod McCoy and Chris Brazzell toiling away at Oregon State and Tulane isn't as fun as seeing them play for a big program like Tennessee against other big programs like Alabama. It's better for the players and better for the majority of fans.

Reactions: you
Let me start this off by saying. I was there again this yrar...like most years. I have invested a lot of money over the years, as most (all Tennessee) fans have.

...but I went Iinto this game with a feeling that it was different. Not a thought it was going to be a blow out either way. Not even that it was going to be a talent win either way. It was going to be down and dirty.

In the sense, I was right. Actually more right than I would ever actually want to be. We sucked offensively for a half, but we won the game.

...for those TN fans that bad mouthed me for smoking cigars...off campus, before the game...🖕.. I drink scotch! Ain't no g ood scotch without a good effing cigar! **ck all of you!!
giphy.gif

old-man-yells-at-cloud-yelling.gif

That throw was flat. He needs more air under it, not less.
The ball landed on the goal line with Squirrel running full speed. While a little bit more air could have been under it, at that point you are making it harder than it needs to be if he has to catch that in the back of the endzone.

I think the trajectory is fine. It's the fact that the DB is beat by a yard when Nico releases the ball, and 5 yards by the time the ball gets there. If Squirrel has to slow down a bit to catch it, it is still a touchdown. The ball doesn't need to be perfect and it doesn't need to be lobbed for them to run under it. I really think it's as simple as realizing in that split second that you can take a little off to make sure it's an easy ball to catch.

I think that was a big step for Hendon in year two.

Looking at the second play in this video, Hyatt here almost has to stop completely to catch this. Obviously a bit different. This is a coverage bust, not just a WR beating his man. But same principle. Hendon did this on throws all year in 2022. I think history looks back as Hendon being super accurate. I think his recognition just got to the point that he knew when we were behind the defense, take some of that velocity off and give them something easy to catch.

Reactions: jlawso21 and jave36
The ball landed on the goal line with Squirrel running full speed. While a little bit more air could have been under it, at that point you are making it harder than it needs to be if he has to catch that in the back of the endzone.

I think the trajectory is fine. It's the fact that the DB is beat by a yard when Nico releases the ball, and 5 yards by the time the ball gets there. If Squirrel has to slow down a bit to catch it, it is still a touchdown. The ball doesn't need to be perfect and it doesn't need to be lobbed for them to run under it. I really think it's as simple as realizing in that split second that you can take a little off to make sure it's an easy ball to catch.

I think that was a big step for Hendon in year two.

Looking at the first play in this video, Hyatt here almost has to stop completely to catch this. Obviously a bit different. This is a coverage bust, not just a WR beating his man. But same principle. Hendon did this on throws all year in 2022. I think history looks back as Hendon being super accurate. I think his recognition just got to the point that he knew when we were behind the defense, take some of that velocity off and give them something easy to catch.

We had guys 20 yards open and able to stand still to catch the ball a lot more in 22 than this year.

Reactions: Orange.
Saban is the greatest college football coach of all time. There is only a very, very small chance Deboer will be as good as him, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to be awful.

However, being only really, really good (9-11 wins a year) will likely get him fired in 3 years at Alabama because they are dumb.
dumb**** should've seent that

VN Store

Back