Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Thanks for this..I've been struggling...I've actually been pretty good at staying the course and keeping my eyes on him and my trust in him through some truly really hard times over most of the last 26 years, but I've just struggled for the last few years...I think because I lost my mother just as the world around me went to insane hell...she always always always had the perfect thing to say to keep my mind right.

"Everything is gonna be alright, there is a brighter day"...the last thing she said to me.

My struggle is not being afraid of all "this"..it is to push down my worst impulse, which is to fight...the wrong way and with the wrong spirit. I have the same struggle Peter and the Sons of Thunder had...to constrain that wrong fleshy impulse.

With God's grace I will be alright though..everything is gonna be alright..there is a brighter day.

If we had DMs I would have sent this just to you, but we don't and so this is the only way I know to tell you how much that touched me...thanks.
Interesting you bring up Peter. I started to post this earlier.

Go read 1 Peter 1:6-9 if you have time today.

Rejoice in the trials of your faith. At the end, you will receive the joy of your salvation.

Does it look like he's moving like another Lewis that played RB here, who also had a decent freshman year?

Jeez, I'd love for him to have an impact like Jamal Lewis. . .
From limited viewing it looks like he has a little more wiggle and isn’t exactly the freight train that Jamal was, but definitively looks like he could have a similar impact. Would be great.

I think it’s about time to say we can all relax and actually trust the coaches evaluations. They aren’t gonna hit on everybody but they know what they are doing and what they are looking for. Fun times
we should definitely trust the coaches but we definitely still overreact to camp reports.

@Weezer, this is why you should stop eating puppies. How could you do that to such a good boy/girl?!?!

#yetimonster
I do not eat puppies. Yetis are friends to all animals. Except for maybe cows, pigs, and chickens.

How much money have you made today selling kittens to Chinese restaurants?

Glitch:
tenor.gif

It tells me you consider D4H a “news source”. 😏 I wasn’t a fan of CW in college but he’s as much of an upgrade over Justin Fields as there can be. Training camp is where you test your boundaries. He’s attempting throws that have no consequence. Even in last season’s abysmal ending, he didn’t pile up the interceptions…it’s not him.
I like Caleb Williams as an NFL prospect. He did, however, come from an extremely qb friendly college offense… The same kind of adjustments that our qbs are having to make.

I like Caleb Williams as an NFL prospect. He did, however, come from an extremely qb friendly college offense… The same kind of adjustments that our qbs are having to make.
It’s your ability to process, adequate arm strength and accuracy that makes you or breaks you. What your offensive set allows you to do on the college scene doesn’t hinder you. Stetson Bennett ain’t taking over any starting spots anytime soon.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

VN Store

Back