Recruiting Football Talk VIII

July 27, 1940

On July 27, 1940, a wisecracking, carrot-chewing rabbit with a Brooklyn accent and a lot of sass took on a befuddled hunter for the first time, introducing himself with a line that’s now iconic: “What’s up, Doc?”

“A Wild Hare” was the very first appearance of Bugs Bunny as we’ve come to know him. Though the Warner Bros. Merrie Melodies series had introduced anthropomorphic rabbits as main characters before (and Elmer Fudd was already a mainstay by the late 1930s), this Tex Avery-directed color short is considered his first official appearance.

The eight-minute film establishes a lot of what ends up defining Bugs and what makes up a classic Bugs Bunny cartoon: his Mel Blanc-voiced Flatbush accent (according to lore, he was born in a rabbit warren under Ebbets Field); his slender, gray-white design; sly, mocking behavior that’s somewhere between Groucho Marx and Clark Gable; his catchphrase; his street smarts; and the upended hunter-prey format, usually with a flustered Elmer. By 1942, Bugs was the undeniable star of the Merrie Melodies lineup, and he has gone on to earn Warner Bros. tens of millions a year — as well as becoming the official mascot of Warner Bros. Entertainment.

1722084872220.png

I got all of that from Tennessee official roster on their website. I think I did originally but it got moved to football forum for some reason haha
I was joking about you putting our heights and weights on display (not the team).

But suddenly there’s been a lot of FF poster sightings in this thread. Usually they don’t find the new thread this quickly. Please clean up your mess and herd them back to the FF. Make sure to close the gate behind them and turn the electric fence on again.

😁

Happy Sunday

July 27, 2024: In a vision I saw a chick pipping through the egg in its first step of hatching. I believe this was the first sign of breaking through the confines of situations that have restricted our progress. This is a time of encouragement to take the next step in breaking through to new spiritual heights. Be bold, be brave, for the Lord is with you. Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion.

Happy Sunday

July 27, 2024: In a vision I saw a chick pipping through the egg in its first step of hatching. I believe this was the first sign of breaking through the confines of situations that have restricted our progress. This is a time of encouragement to take the next step in breaking through to new spiritual heights. Be bold, be brave, for the Lord is with you. Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion.
Are you in the future or did I sleep way late?

Happy Sunday

sabado

The LV fans who got upset (and there are many) about White firing Kellie and hiring Kim are a weird bunch. That crew is very cultish. Winning is a secondary (or tertiary) objective to them. They’d just as soon let the formerly most iconic program in the sport stay average in order to make sure “one of Pat’s girls” is in charge.

And that’s the last thing Pat…one of the most intense competitors, to whom winning was like breathing…would want for the program she built. I want all of those people up move on. They’re cancerous.
Yup - doing what is best for the program first. Everything else falls in line behind that.

VN Store

Back