Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Right, that's a year away. Not for 2024-2025.
Sure, but it will seriously minimize the impact of our scholarship reductions moving forward. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if our coaching staff now decides to take no scholarship reductions this year. They can take them in future years with far less impact.

Man ain't nothing crappier than taking a shower and u look up only to have a giant freaking wolf spider fall dead on ur face!!I turned into a 13 year old girl at the moment lol...But yeah im probably gonna need therapy after this whole ordeal....
Think we've found a waffle stomper....

The football roster limit, as reported last week, will be 105, two sources briefed on the numbers confirmed. That’s an increase from the 85-player scholarship limit that has existed for decades but below the previous roster limit, which was 120 as of the start of the season.

The limit will be effective for the 2025-26 season, along with other aspects of the settlement, including revenue sharing, expected to be around $20 million per school to each school’s

Okay, so barring us adding any last-minute scholarship players, we're going with 81 scholarship players this season. That'll leave us having to drop 6 more scholarships over 3 seasons to meet our punishment. So if the max number goes up to 105, we'll be able to carry 103.

Why isn’t knife fighting an Olympic sport?
What about gun fights?
USA would dominate in both solo and team events in both sports.
It’s the same reason that softball was removed. Because we were the ONLY country to win the gold medals.
😎
Did you see where they changed the women's mountain bike race participation to just two riders from each country? Sweeden swept the medals in a prior Olympics, and they didn't want that to happen again. Next, they'll be giving participation medals :cool: :cool: :cool:

NCAA Division I Football Oversight Committees -- Football -- Limit on the Number of Preseason Practice Participants – Approved March 13, 2024

At the request of the NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision Oversight Committee (FBSOC) and Football Championship Subdivision Oversight Committee (FCSOC) Administrative Subcommittee, the NCAA staff issued a blanket waiver to permit Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) and Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) institutions to increase the football preseason participant limit from 110 to 120 for the 2024-25 academic year.

In granting this request, staff noted:

1. The blanket waiver request was initiated by the FBSOC and FCSOC Administrative Subcommittee;
  2. The FBSOC and FCSOC introduced legislation into the pilot legislative process to increase the limit of student-athletes who may engage in practice activities from 110 to 120 and remove the legislation that permits the replacement of a student-athlete;
  3. The FBSOC and FCSOC will consider membership feedback received during the March 28 through May 11 initial feedback/comment period and vote during the week of May 12 on whether or not to adopt the legislation, subject to NCAA Division I Council action on June 25-26; and
  4. The blanket waiver provides appropriate notice to student-athletes, coaches and administrators preparing for the 2024 fall preseason.
This blanket waiver is effective for the 2024 fall football preseason. Please reference Case No. 1214763 in Requests/Self-Reports Online via the search tab for additional information.

[Reference: NCAA Division I Bylaw 17.11.3.1.2 (limit on number of participants).]

Sitting pretty. Need to close on some big names down the road and we could close top 10. Current score of 265 is good for 18th last year overall. Great floor to begin with - that is higher than where Heupel's 1st and 2nd classes finished...and it's only July.

View attachment 662472View attachment 662473
When did our QB get downgraded from 5-star status

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
We rescued this cat, well somebody dropped it off by a field behind my house while I was mowing but did not realize he was dumping a kitten off. But we have had him about 4 years now. I have been noticing my bedroom door being shut when I come in from outside and I thought maybe I was shutting the door but when I go to give my animals their treats him and my other cat was always missing. I go to look for them and they are locked in my room. So last night I was in bed and heard a door shut and I got up and he had shut the door and got on a chest and laid down. I opened the door and got back in bed and started watching him and he will take his paw and pull the door away from the wall and take his head and push the door shut. He has been doing this for the last 3-4 days and I just heard my door shut again lol. I think he does it to get a break from my yorkie. Just went and opened the door and him and the other cat is laid up in my bed. I know this is not sports related but its funny and I thought I was losing my mind.

Attachments

• 452598360_514627131138880_8737038637587406128_n.jpg
    452598360_514627131138880_8737038637587406128_n.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 3

VN Store

Back