Recruiting Football Talk VIII

That's funny....who are you Logen Nine-fingers?
It's a Conan the Barbarian quote.

best-life-conan.gif

Did you see where they changed the women's mountain bike race participation to just two riders from each country? Sweeden swept the medals in a prior Olympics, and they didn't want that to happen again. Next, they'll be giving participation medals :cool: :cool: :cool:

Women's gymnastics individual finals passes me off with that 2 per country rule. I would be missed if I was Jordan Chiles and couldn't compete but girls from other countries with significantly lower scores did. Would have had a chance at an American sweep. Jordan's official nickname should be sass 'n a$$. Love her exuberance.

Also, good for Simone on how she has overcome obstacles, proved that she is best in the world and possibly every (skill/power wise if not mental fortitude).

Also really happy for the young ladies from Italy. Too bad @Jackcrevol comrades are mostly banned from the games, though I do like the decision to let them compete representing themselves. I swear that if we hear about any of them being harmed when they go home then we better put a drone strike right up Putin's a$$ along with the rest of their government.

Women's gymnastics individual finals passes me off with that 2 per country rule. I would be missed if I was Jordan Chiles and couldn't compete but girls from other countries with significantly lower scores did. Would have had a chance at an American sweep. Jordan's official nickname should be sass 'n a$$. Love her exuberance.

Also, good for Simone on how she has overcome obstacles, proved that she is best in the world and possibly every (skill/power wise if not mental fortitude).

Also really happy for the young ladies from Italy. Too bad @Jackcrevol comrades are mostly banned from the games, though I do like the decision to let them compete representing themselves. I swear that if we hear about any of them being harmed when they go home then we better put a drone strike right up Putin's a$$ along with the rest of their government.
cool

Reactions: DD4ME
Current gold medal count: China has 8, Japan has 7, France, Great Britain, and Australia each have 6, South Korea with 5, and the U.S. has 4.

Good stuff. Understood on not having time or being able to have purely outdoor dogs now....especially a puppy. I too found a dog recently....kinda long story.

Last Friday it was storming bad here all day so I walked my dog around 9:30pm once rain stopped. I heard a dog behind me as I was heading back to the house and thought it was a neighbor with the same idea. Look back and a German Shepherd mix comes limping up, not able to put any weight on front left paw and right paw shaking like crazy. No owner around or collar and dog is panting as hard as I've ever heard.

It ignored my dog, walked right up to me and sat down to lean against my leg. She was much bigger than my bestest boy but he was comfortable....sniffing her and interested, of course. She was soaking wet and heart beating 100mph. I stood and petted her and hoped an owner would come before walking the last 50 yards to my front porch. She followed and laid down on my porch. I yelled for my wife who came out with a towel and water. We noticed light pink blood spots on my porch wherever she had stepped. Our neighbor was outside with her niece who is a vet tech and we called them over.

She helped us cool her down (never knew rubbing alcohol on paw pads opens pores and cools them) and checked her out. Couldn't really find anything wrong but she told us the dog seemed older, confirmed German Shep. mixed with something else, 60ish pounds and gave us some advice on finding owner since our P.O.S. local rescue and animal control were either closed or their number was busy signal constantly.

I live in a large residential neighborhood surrounded by residential streets off a super busy 4-6 lane highway so figured she was local and got out. I have a fenced yard and screened back porch that I felt would be a good spot since I didn't know how she would react to my cat or if she had parasites. The dog didn't want to move, though so I picked her up and carried her to my back porch, we made her a bed, turned on the ceiling fan and put out dog food and sat with her a while. It wasn't storming any more so she was fine rest of the night.

I checked on her the next morning and she was so sweet and well groomed....couldn't find any fleas or ticks. She even smelleed good. I brought her in before the Florida heat got bad and made her a pallet beside my bed in a corner. She mostly stayed there over the weekend or followed me around. We were able to see that her paw pad was torn away and bandaged her up and she was able to hobble around but wouldn't eat except some chicken I gave her. I drove around to try to find her owner....no luck. Took her to the vet up the road on Monday morning and luckily she was chipped but the jerk that answered said it was his ex wife's dog and he didn't care about it but he did give the name of his ex and her email. Also told the vet that the dog is named Nova.

Email bounced back as no good and my wife couldn't find the lady's name on social media. Also no response on Next Door app or our neighborhood Facebook page. I went to work that evening and someone who knew the owner saw one of my wife's multiple social media outlet posts, recognized the description and got them in touch. Lots of dog fighting and using bait dogs in our area so the wife had the lady send a pic to prove it was her dog. It was already late so we arranged for the owner to come pick up the dog the next day after her shift at the hospital (nurse).

Turns out the old girl is 13, deathly afraid of storms and got lost after she broke out of the privacy fence and ran. The dog traveled almost 10 miles to my neighborhood and then found me. I was starting to get attached and probably would have kept her if we couldn't find the owner.

Luckily, things worked out and the owner and dog had a happy reunion, though the dog didn't respond at first due to bad eyesight....she freaked out when she smelled her, though. The owner said she was sending us a gift basket but I told her that dog-sitting the sweet girl for the weekend plus a couple days and a happy ending was enough for us. Really disappointed in the local services available to someone finding a lost and hurt dog, though.
Way behind on my reading of VN but we'll done. You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat any being less fortunate. You sir are a good human!

Happy Wednesday

July 31, 2024: Stand strong. Refuse to allow circumstances and the lies of the enemy to bring discouragement. Seek eternal truth and pursue it. Continue to walk in the light instead of allowing the darkness of the world to take you down. The truth of My love for you will always prevail, says the Lord. John 4:23-24 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.
Needed this one...I'm struggling badly with that exact thing.

Okay @Weezer

The USA is still behind in the gold medal count. However, when you look at what sports the teams ahead of us currently have, it’s mostly in sports that are not really American strongholds. Exceptions are Women’s swimming where Australia is dominant. The USA women’s swimming has fallen behind the Australian team as a whole.

It’s going to turn here shortly as more sports that the USA are stronger in begin. Last nights’ women’s gymnastics for example. I expect to see more gold medals in individual events and hopefully the all around event as well. Hopefully some men’s gymnastics medals as well. I like both teams.

Then track and field should really put us ahead!

Hey all, it's been a hot minute but I wanted to share some things with you. First don't get too excited/happy by what I'm about to say because it's gonna be followed up with terrible news but still I wanted to let you know that we got our miracle/hospice care a little bit ago and maybe I'm a fool but I believe that your prayers for us helped that happen and I'm more grateful than you can imagine for that. But last night may have changed everything for the worse...

OH had been doing great until a few days ago when things started going sideways. We assumed his liver failure was progressing or that it was another UTI and that it was the cause of the confusion (he's had enough episodes to where it's not uncommon for a confusion spell to just happen) but now I'm pretty positive that wasn't it at all.

So I'll jump right into it because my mind is shot and I'm more lost now than I've ever been.... Last night OH's breathing turned ragged -- like more ragged than I've ever heard anyone breathe. It started to sound like he was crackling with fluid. He started hitching so loud you could hear him down the hall and then he started foaming at the mouth. I called his hospice and then an ambulance.

They took him to the hospital and he's currently on a ventilator. It turns out he has pnuemonia, low oxygen, low platelets (somewhat normal given his liver), low potasium and god knows what else. But he's at least stable. They have him sedated because of the vent, We all had covid about 2 weeks ago and that might've led to the pnuemonia. I don't know what to expect at this point or if he'll even make it through this.

Please pray for him and keep us in your thoughts. Hold your loved ones close - this happened so fast (things went from a relatively uneventful evening knowing he wasn't feeling well and worrying that he was starting a slow decline to immediately being life and death). Hours earlier he'd been trying to run me out of the house to go get something for myself. The one ray of hope I have is how hard he fought to stay conscious while the ambulance was on its way.
Prayers for both of you. May God give you Peace and Comfort.

Medal count is USA leading with 27 total and haven't even started the events they will dominate.

@Weezer just worries about the Gold Medals, seems like he is poo pooing on the Silver and Bronze. Watch the Winter Olympics and he will be happy USA gets any medals.
All I did was post the current gold medal count. Who knew that would trigger people to feel a certain way?

And yes, despite previous sarcasm, I realize there are a lot of events left for us to potentially win gold in.

And I'm not poo pooing silver and bronze. But gold is what you get for winning.

VN Store

Back